Jails mount point doesnt work

Status
Not open for further replies.

nicosalto

Dabbler
Hi,
i just got a new freenas built and installed the latest stable version of freenas.
Iam trying to install Transmission but can't figure it out. I have installed & configure the plugin. It downloads and work fine. But my mount point doesnt work ...
/mnt/videos/videos/downloads/torrents > /media/downloads
set permission to 0777 and clicked Mounted ....

When i got to the /mnt/videos/videos/downloads/torrents folder nothing appear there. But when i ssh and look into /media/downloads i see the files downloaded ...

Hope you guys can help!

joeschmuck

Old Man
It's not mounted as read only? Also I assume you are looking into the correct location? And if you reboot, are your files still in /media/downloads ?

nicosalto

Dabbler
Thanks for the answer Joe.
I restarted the nas and it seem to have done the trick! i think now its linking the 2 folders correctly. But another problem appeared, Transmission doesnt seem to be able to transfert the complete download into the shared location, the downloads stay in the incomplete folder when done... So i guess Transmission doesnt have the right permissions ...
I was reading a tutorial saying i should put my download directories owned by nobody and nogroup, but iam not sure if thats the right thing to do.

joeschmuck

Old Man
Unfortunately I can't help you in this part of the problem, I don't use Transmission at all. I assume that the file you downloaded was completely downloaded? And it could be a permissions issue as you say but if you gave the area 777 then it should be good, unless it's an owner issue. Are you allowing guests? Sorry but that's all I got right now.

nicosalto

Dabbler
Thanks for the help Joe, i'll have a look more deeply into the permission and if i can't figure it out i might post again here!

Glorious1

Guru
I don't understand what you mean by mount point doesn't work. Did you add the media download folders using Jails > Storage > Add Storage? When you're done it should look something like this:

Screen Shot 2016-12-06 at 1.58.06 PM.png

nicosalto

Dabbler
Yes i did, but i found a solution.
I switched my jails to windows permissions, and the trick was to give permission to the download folder from windows...

Status
Not open for further replies.