Issues with Jail Restore

Status
Not open for further replies.

verinas

Dabbler
Hi all,

My SD Boot drive died and I had to reinstall and import my existing volume. So I lost all of my FreeNAS config, plugin settings, etc. However; my Jails folder is still present and as most of my jails didn't really need plugin management I'm hoping I can just restore them

I was hoping this would be as easy as changing the jail root from:
NAS/jails_2 (which was auto-created during the reinstall)
to
NAS/jails (my original jails directory)

When I try to change the path in the GUI (Jails/Configuration) I get an error "Jail dataset created on a share" and I have no idea what this means.

Is there some way I can get my jails from NAS/jails to work in this new install?

m0nkey_

MVP
Your jail dataset has been shared out as SMB, NFS or some other protocol. Check the shares tab and make sure nothing is being shared out in the jail path. If it is, remove the share and then re-point your jail root.

verinas

Dabbler
Your jail dataset has been shared out as SMB, NFS or some other protocol. Check the shares tab and make sure nothing is being shared out in the jail path. If it is, remove the share and then re-point your jail root.

Doh yes I did that last night. Will check that now and hopefully gets me back up and running somewhat. Thanks m0nkey_

Status
Not open for further replies.