Jails Creation and Random installation Errors 9.2.1.6

Status
Not open for further replies.

MuneebMufti

Dabbler
Hello. I think i am reaching to the point of loosing my mind to the random installation errors related to Jails installation and I am hoping someone can either tell me what i am doing wrong or if not then let me know so that I should file a bug report on 9.2.1.6 x64 bit version.

I have an intel dual Xeon E5345 based system with 16GB Ram. It was initially setup with freenas version 9.2.1.3 with 4 250 gb drives in raid Z1. back when I first setup the machine i had issues with installing jail but i was pretty new to freeNAS i chalked up my hiccups to being a new user. I successfully upgraded through *.4 , *.5 and 9.2.1.6 version without a hitch but I had some problem with a ghost plex plugin which i couldnot delete because its jail got deleted by mistake so I had to do a factory restore on FreeNAS version 9.2.1.6 and setup from scratch again.

I did the usual setup as i had learned and i did auto import on the ZFS volume. that went fine. I deleted the previous dataset i had allocated to jails and created a new one and setup its link in configuration section of jails.

Now when i try to download a Jail (eg. portjail) the download starts and at random percentage 5% ... 10% ... 25% or 40% it errors out and gives me this error.

"cannot open 'RaidZ/Jails/.warden-template-portjail@clean': dataset does not exist ERROR: Failed creating clean ZFS base clone"

Yesterday i had this issue 2 to 3 times and after every time I deleted the ".warden*portjail" dataset, I created a new dataset , linked it to jails config and tried download again it would start to download and then error out at any random percentage. and after 3 or 4 times it finished successfully once. but soon after plugins installation gave me errors so i had to do another factory restore and I was back to square 1. At this moment, I have repeated these steps 5 to 6 times now and at random percentage the same error pops up.

can anyone with more knowledge than me guide me why this is happening and how to fix it ?

can a slow internet speed be a cause for this error too ? My internet is a mere 4Mbps and at peak times speeds do fall down

Status
Not open for further replies.