SOLVED Intel GPU Plugin

truecharts

Guru
As far as we're aware you can already have multiple apps use the same GPU just fine. With both official Apps and TrueCharts.
Best advice is to first test it yourself first and report to the forum of something doesn't work. ;-)

patmage

Dabbler
Sorry, that is why I made this topic. I tried and the app will hang during deployment. "0/1 nodes are available: 1 Insufficient gpu.intel.com/i915 " is the error message I received. Looking at the Intel docs that I linked to the default is set to 1 container per GPU.

patmage

Dabbler
For anyone else that finds this I think running "k3s kubectl edit ds/intel-gpu-plugin -n kube-system" and adding args: ["-shared-dev-num","5"] to the container section should work. At least now it is showing 5 available gpu resources.

Last edited:

jsclayton

Dabbler
I’d just stumbled on to the same issue trying to run Jellyfin alongside Plex. Got me wondering if the Intel GPU plugin should be deployed as an app rather than let the middleware handle it. This shared argument is the second issue I’ve had with it where the solution was to manually configure it in k8s.

The first was the middleware not recognizing the iGPU on a motherboard with IPMI. Until 21.06 I had to deploy the chart for the plug-in manually.

In both instances the way that the middleware applies the plug-in chart on boot wiped the manual changes (or removed it completely).

ornias

Wizard
I’d just stumbled on to the same issue trying to run Jellyfin alongside Plex. Got me wondering if the Intel GPU plugin should be deployed as an app rather than let the middleware handle it. This shared argument is the second issue I’ve had with it where the solution was to manually configure it in k8s.

The first was the middleware not recognizing the iGPU on a motherboard with IPMI. Until 21.06 I had to deploy the chart for the plug-in manually.

In both instances the way that the middleware applies the plug-in chart on boot wiped the manual changes (or removed it completely).
Did you file a bug reports to get it fixed?

Last edited:

ornias

Wizard

Rudi Pittman

Contributor
For anyone else that finds this I think running "k3s kubectl edit ds/intel-gpu-plugin -n kube-system" and adding args: ["-shared-dev-num","5"] to the container section should work. At least now it is showing 5 available gpu resources.

Can you show a screenshot of where exactly you placed that line in the file? I'm not familiar with this format and not sure where to add it. I'd like both handbrake and plex to have access to the gpu.

ornias

Wizard
Can you show a screenshot of where exactly you placed that line in the file? I'm not familiar with this format and not sure where to add it. I'd like both handbrake and plex to have access to the gpu.
If you see the changes in that github issues, place it below the same line inside file opened when executing the command listed by @patmage