Unable to passthrough Intel Integrated GPU

subi75

Dabbler
I've just built a new system with TrueNAS Scale, where I plan to passthrough the CPU's integrated GPU to some Docker apps, whilst having a separate GeForce GT 710 GPU assigned for Scale to use itself.
NOTE - System Specs are the TrueNAS Scale server in my signature below.

I seem to have no issues in assigning the GT 710 for passthrough, but as soon as I try to select and save the CPU integrated GPU (shown as "Intel Corporate Dev 4690" in the Passthrough options list), I get the following error:
0000:00:02.0 GPU pci slot(s) consists of devices which cannot be isolated from host.
Is this due to a lack of driver support in Scale (current version TrueNAS-SCALE-22.02.2.1) for the integrated GPU in the latest Intel Proc's, or is it something else?

rs_taylor

Explorer
The latest 12th Gen processors are not support in 22.0.2. Work great in 22.12 though

subi75

Dabbler
The latest 12th Gen processors are not support in 22.0.2. Work great in 22.12 though
So in other words you saying I need to upgrade to a Beta release version, or should I just wait for that version to become the main release version?

truecharts

Guru
So in other words you saying I need to upgrade to a Beta release version, or should I just wait for that version to become the main release version?

It's not even Alpha yet ;-)
So best to just wait :)

subi75

Dabbler
It's not even Alpha yet ;-)
So best to just wait :)
Bugger :(
Well I'm waiting on 3 of the new 16TB drives for my data volume to turn up so I can migrate the data from my old Core NAS to the new Scale NAS (the Core drives are older drives that I would prefer not to physically move between systems if I can help it) so I'm not in any "immediate" rush for the update release, but from that news I suspect I'll get the drives well before the update is available.

subi75

Dabbler
How long can you wait?I dont think they'll be update 22.02 to support Alder Lake
well I've been waiting on the drives to be released from Customs for over a week so far with no release date in site (Amazon have offered to refund in a week's time if Customs haven't released them yet) so might be up to 3 weeks before I have the drives to start the migration (if I have to reorder the drives and wait for shipping again).
I can make do with passing through the G710 I have but I was hoping to utilise the h265 support of the CPU's integrated GPU chip for transcoding in a Plex Docker, but if I have to wait for that to become available from a future update, I just have to wait until then.