Installation problems

teoista

Cadet
F28A921E-D260-4513-B19B-0682951E7A73.jpeg
Hello everyone and thank you very much in advance for your help. I discovered Thunderas a few days ago and I'm trying to test before making a higher expense, that's why I'm trying to install Thunderas in an old recycled computer, at the moment only with a hard drive to install Trienas and when I get it to work I'll buy the HDD big. The computer I am trying to install on is: Matherboard: Acer H57D02P8
Processor: Intel i3
Memory: 8Gb
HDD: 250Gb
Net card: Motherboard.
I do the entire installation process and when I tell it where to install Thunder, it starts the installation and stops and doesn't install, it stays on the screen of the attached image. I have no idea what can happen. Does anyone know what can happen and why the program does not install? Thank you.

joeschmuck

Old Man
I'm sure you mean TrueNAS vice Thunderas.

I suspect that your computer is unstable. You should stress test the system to ensure it is stable, you could have something bad with the hardware. Use programs like MemTest86+ and Prime95. Also, you should have a minimum of two drives in order to test TrueNAS, one drive at least 8GB for the operating system and one drive for the pool/data storage (the 250GB drive is fine).

Lastly, I would recommend you try the other version of TrueNAS. You didn't specify if you were running CORE or SCALE, but try the other version if stress testing passes.

Kris Moore

SVP of Engineering
Administrator
iXsystems
Thats a FreeBSD panic message.. After checking you hardware you can try TrueNAS SCALE to see if it's a driver issue as well.

teoista

Cadet
Thank you both for your response. I am trying to install Thunder CORE.

I have verified that the memory is not ECC and that the motherboard does not support ECC memory. Could that be the problem?

Kris Moore; You tell me, with the hardware I have, try to install TrueNAS SCALE to see if it's a driver issue. What driver?

I apologize for my ignorance on the subject, I'm starting and I would like to get a NAS with the minimum investment I have available.

Kris Moore

SVP of Engineering
Administrator
iXsystems
CORE and SCALE run different operating systems. If CORE is failing, it may be worth trying out SCALE which has much more broad driver support for random hardware.

Alecmascot

Guru
Thank you both for your response. I am trying to install Thunder CORE.
You are in the wrong forum for Thunder Core, the block chain software.
This is for TureNAS Core

jgreco

Resident Grinch
Perdon ha sido el corrector ortográfico. Es TrueNAS CORE.

Greetings -

Welcome to these forums.

Please note that the main forums are English language, and you are expected to post in English here. We have a section for International discussion that includes a Spanish section, and you may post in Spanish there. Supporting multiple languages in the main forums is untenable. If you do not speak English natively, please know that we're fine with machine-translated messages from services such as Google Translate. These don't always work well, but we will still definitely try to help you!

teoista

Cadet
Sorry, I made a mess with the languages, the browser translates it automatically and I wrote directly in Spanish. The original message read: “Sorry it was the spell checker. It's TrueNAS CORE”