SOLVED Install doesn't work, screenshot attached

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vidaeus

Cadet
Never used FreeNAS before, and have just tried installing it onto my brand new dedicated file server. Specs are:

CPU: Intel Pentium G3260
MoBo: ASUS B85M-E
RAM: 16GB Geil something 4x4GB sticks
HDDs: 2x 3TB WD Reds, also have a couple 2 TB Samsungs from an old build I will install later

I put the latest version of 9.3 onto a bootable USB stick OK, then tried to install onto another USB stick over 3 different PCs with no luck, just keeps coming up with the error in the screenshot. This happens just after I have selected new install and input the new password. Does this every time on 3 different machines. I have a feeling it is a corrupted download of the ISO, as I tried about 3 or 4 different USB sticks as well, for both the bootable drive and the drive to be installed onto. I'll try downloading it again, but are there any other mirrors available, it is painfully slow from where I am downloading from, only goes at about 50-100KB/s when I can easily get 1.5MB/s from other sites no problem.

IMAG0442.jpg

BigDave

FreeNAS Enthusiast

Vidaeus

Cadet
OK, I will try again when I get a chance. However, that is exactly where I got the ISO from before, it is super slow for some reason on my connection. I haven't tried verifying the hash though, will try. And yes, I used Rufus to do the USB boot drive. And yes, I have been using USB 2.0.

BigDave

FreeNAS Enthusiast
Sorry it's so slow for you, I tried looking around for a Aussie based mirror but had no luck finding anything.
If the speed of the connection prevents a good download, for the price of the stick and the mailing, I'll burn
one for you and send it off!

Vidaeus

Cadet
Thanks for the offer, hopefully I won't have to resort to that heh! Seems to download just fine from my work, around 700 kB/s so I'll try when I get home tonight. Hoping it was just a corrupted .iso from whatever spotty internet connection route I seem to have from home to the freenas servers.

Vidaeus

Cadet
So after mucking around and getting the files downloaded from work, I can confirm this was some kind of corruption on the downloads from my connection at home. The hashes were different even though the files downloaded completely (albeit slowly) and appeared to be OK. I tried this for multiple different versions of FreeNAS from the official servers. The downloads from work were OK and installed onto my USB stick just fine.

Must be some kind of weirdness going on with my connection as I have had a similar problem before with certain servers e.g. firmware files being corrupted, etc. But my internet connection seems to be just fine for streaming and web browsing and Steam, etc. Will have to chase it up with my ISP I think.

Status
Not open for further replies.