I am absolutely confused (TrueNAS 12 showing old AD users and groups after diskwipe and reinstall)

peoriait

Cadet
Hi..

Recently our AD controller (zentyal) took a dump and we rebuilt it (this time plain samba AD via Ubuntu VM).

This seemed to screw up our NAS boxes as we could not just join the new domain and clear the old info out of it.

So I reinstalled the TrueNAS OS on them, with the format disk option.

Upon the systems coming back up I joined them to the new DC with no issues.

I imported the pool... and when I went to set the permissions to my surprise, all we get is the OLD AD information..

The old AD server is completely gone(VM destroyed)..

wbinfo -u
wbinfo -g

BOTH work as expected and show the new AD users and groups...

I'm not sure what else to try at this point.. so FWIW I decided to completely destroy one of the NAS boxes storage pools and start it over from scratch..

To my surprise it STILL shows the old AD information...

HELP!

anodos

Sambassador
iXsystems
Hi..

Recently our AD controller (zentyal) took a dump and we rebuilt it (this time plain samba AD via Ubuntu VM).

This seemed to screw up our NAS boxes as we could not just join the new domain and clear the old info out of it.

So I reinstalled the TrueNAS OS on them, with the format disk option.

Upon the systems coming back up I joined them to the new DC with no issues.

I imported the pool... and when I went to set the permissions to my surprise, all we get is the OLD AD information..

The old AD server is completely gone(VM destroyed)..

wbinfo -u
wbinfo -g

BOTH work as expected and show the new AD users and groups...

I'm not sure what else to try at this point.. so FWIW I decided to completely destroy one of the NAS boxes storage pools and start it over from scratch..

To my surprise it STILL shows the old AD information...

HELP!
Maybe load up a private browser session (browser caching issue). You can try running command `midclt call activedirectory.fill_cache`

peoriait

Cadet
Thanks for the suggestions!

Tried both and still the same list of users and groups..
Here is output of that command..

root@dwight[~]# midclt call activedirectory.fill_cache
root@dwight[~]#