9.10.1-u2 AD problem - users/groups not showing in share permission or users/groups list

Status
Not open for further replies.

Greg_E

Explorer
I'm building a new Freenas system and having problems with AD integration with 9.10.1 and 9.10.1-U2 versions. I have an old 9.1.1 system running and integrated just fine right now, so I know I'm doing some things correctly. AD is running Server 2008R2 with updates/patches, domain functional level is 2008R2.

Here's what I have.

The 9.10 machine is joined to the domain and wbinfo gives me a list of users and groups when I check it in the shell. After I make a windows share, I try to type the user and group names that I want to be owners of the volume, but they do not populate and do not work if I type the complete name. In 9.1.1 you of course get the lists in the drop down. In 9.10.1 I'm not even getting the built in Unix users or groups in the drop down. I've read the section on AD integration and everything should be working, but what am I doing wrong?

D

dlavigne

That sounds like a bug. Please create one at bugs.freenas.org and post the issue number here.

Dave Genton

Contributor
Bug number 18070

Thanks.

Greg I am confirming the same thing here in my data center lab. Using 9.10.1-U2 wbinfo -u and -g shows all my AD users and groups respectively but the gui shows none at all. Trying to type a user in the gui gives me an error that its not a valid user, even with some local ones ! I reboot the server back into 9.10.1 prior to U1 and the GUI functions and sees the users and groups again as it should and no errors about invalid users. This really cannot be worse timing for me moving FreeNAS over to SSO after all this time having issues. I guess rolling back to 9.10.1 and testing thoroughly U3 when it arrives is my only choice. I am deleting U1 and U2 from boot menus on all freenas servers due to all the issues I have experienced since then.

Greg_E

Explorer
Thanks for the confirmation. I'll have to fix the video out issue with 9.10.1 so I can see what the server is doing before the web gui comes up. Thinking I should be concentrating on Freenas 10 but it seems like it may be a little too far away right now. Wanting to have this machine in place in January so we can integrate it into classes.

Might have to just build another share on my 9.1.1 machine since it's working fine now. I'd like to upgrade it as well, but not if I'm going to have difficulties.

Status
Not open for further replies.