Users not updating from AD?

Status
Not open for further replies.

mamoos1

Cadet
Hi,

I installed FreeNAS 8.3.1 and I'm trying to configure AD authentication.
I entered all the details of my AD, and the synchronization seemed to go well.
I can see the computer under the computers in the domain controllers, and the list of users from my AD appear when I use wbinfo -u and wbinfo -g (they appear without the domain name prefix, not sure if it's relevant).
However, none of them appear in the UI, I simply can't use them for permissions or anything else (neither the groups nor the users).

Am I doing something wrong or missing a step?
Thanks.

mamoos1

Cadet
Hi,

I installed FreeNAS 8.3.1 and I'm trying to configure AD authentication.
I entered all the details of my AD, and the synchronization seemed to go well.
I can see the computer under the computers in the domain controllers, and the list of users from my AD appear when I use wbinfo -u and wbinfo -g (they appear without the domain name prefix, not sure if it's relevant).
However, none of them appear in the UI, I simply can't use them for permissions or anything else (neither the groups nor the users).

Am I doing something wrong or missing a step?
Thanks.

More Info (Log):

Mar 24 11:10:16 fileserverng ActiveDirectory: AD_init: config exists, loading va
lues from /etc/ActiveDirectory/config
Mar 24 11:10:16 fileserverng ActiveDirectory: generate_smb_config: checking test
parm issues
Mar 24 11:10:16 fileserverng ActiveDirectory: generate_smb_config: testparm: Loa
d smb config files from /usr/local/etc/smb.conf
Mar 24 11:10:16 fileserverng ActiveDirectory: generate_smb_config: testparm: max
_open_files: increasing sysctl_max (7120) to minimum Windows limit (16384)
Mar 24 11:10:16 fileserverng ActiveDirectory: generate_smb_config: testparm: rli
mit_max: increasing rlimit_max (7120) to minimum Windows limit (16384)
Mar 24 11:10:16 fileserverng ActiveDirectory: generate_smb_config: testparm: WAR
NING: The "idmap uid" option is deprecated
Mar 24 11:10:16 fileserverng ActiveDirectory: generate_smb_config: testparm: WAR
NING: The "idmap gid" option is deprecated
Mar 24 11:10:16 fileserverng ActiveDirectory: generate_smb_config: testparm: Pro
cessing section "[share]"
Mar 24 11:10:16 fileserverng ActiveDirectory: generate_smb_config: testparm: Loa
ded services file OK.
NING: The setting 'security=ads' should NOT be combined with the 'password serve
r' parameter.
Mar 24 11:10:16 fileserverng ActiveDirectory: generate_smb_config: testparm: (by
default Samba will discover the correct DC to contact automatically).
Mar 24 11:10:16 fileserverng ActiveDirectory: generate_smb_config: testparm: Ser
ver role: ROLE_DOMAIN_MEMBER
Mar 24 11:10:16 fileserverng ActiveDirectory: generate_smb_config: testparm: Pre
ss enter to see a dump of your service definitions
Mar 24 11:10:16 fileserverng ActiveDirectory: AD_init: config exists, loading va
Mar 24 11:10:16 fileserverng ActiveDirectory: kerberos_start: kinit --password-f
ile=/tmp/tmp.81MZm8JI Administrator@SP.ORG
Mar 24 11:10:16 fileserverng ActiveDirectory: kerberos_start: Successful
Mar 24 11:10:27 fileserverng ActiveDirectory: AD_init: config exists, loading va
Mar 24 11:10:27 fileserverng ActiveDirectory: activedirectory_start: trying to j
oin domain
Mar 24 11:10:27 fileserverng ActiveDirectory: AD_join_domain: net ads join -U Ad
ministrator
Mar 24 11:10:32 fileserverng ActiveDirectory: AD_join_domain: Successful

To me it looks like the whole process went smoothly - and yet, users are not populated...
Any help would be appreciated.

Status
Not open for further replies.