AD integration and SMB Share visibility

Aethred

Dabbler
Hi!
I'm an intern on my first tech job (yay!) and I have been tasked with creating a TrueNAS server to server SMB shares for our team to throw their data at.
I've managed to pass-through my Dell Storage Center's SAS HBAs and volumes to the ProxMox VM I am running TrueNAS off of, and have created Pools and Datasets that I've put up in a SMB Share. But I am having trouble with:
-AD Integration
-Visibility of my SMB Shares in Windows

Concerning AD Integration:
Concerning visibility of my SMB Shares in Windows:
  • My Shares are setup and Active : https://imgur.com/a/MAHqQ7k
  • But I have no idea what path leads to the shares. I've tried //@nasIP/mnt/CRCT-Informatique/Partage-CRCT-Informatique on Windows Explorer, but that just sends me back to the web interface. How do you check shares visibility? I've also tried 'Connect a Network Share' but that doesn't work either.
Thank you in advance for your help and apologies for the interface being in French. I'm sure I've forgotten useful information so don't hesitate to ask for more.

Redcoat

MVP
Welcome to the forums and congrats on the first tech job! Hope both meet your expectations...

Please insert pics directly into your posts - do not separately host them and link. Reason: over time links break and then post-significant material is lost to later readers.

I can't help on your AD questions...

NugentS

MVP
You need (simplistically) domain admin rights to join the domain.
One you have a dataset to share out you need to goto shares and create the SMB share - this will have the benefit of turning on the samba service
Then you have to get permissions right

Aethred

Dabbler
You need (simplistically) domain admin rights to join the domain.
One you have a dataset to share out you need to goto shares and create the SMB share - this will have the benefit of turning on the samba service
Then you have to get permissions right

I already have admin rights on the account I provided the credentials to TrueNAS. I've also already created a dataset, inputted that into a SMB share and activated SMB service.

Aethred

Dabbler
Update: I have this alert concerning my AD integration
1631000933698.png

I feel stupid asking, but if my path to the share in TrueNAS is indicated as /mnt/CRCT-Informatique/Partage-CRCT-Informatique, do users connect to the share with \\@TrueNASIP\Partage-CRCT-Informatique ? I've been trying to connect to the shares created with TrueNAS but haven't been able to no matter what I do...

Aethred

Dabbler
Welcome to the forums and congrats on the first tech job! Hope both meet your expectations...

Please insert pics directly into your posts - do not separately host them and link. Reason: over time links break and then post-significant material is lost to later readers.

I can't help on your AD questions...

Noted, all future posts will have images directly inserted.

Aethred

Dabbler
Concerning AD, my /var/log/messages says this when I try to connect to the AD:
1631001774110.png

What does this mean?

NugentS

MVP
Other than checking things like timezone and correct time - I have no idea

Aethred

Dabbler
Other than checking things like timezone and correct time - I have no idea
Timezone and correct time have been set via an NTP server synced with our Active Directory domain controllers, so that shouldn't be a problem (less than 0.01 seconds delay).

NugentS

MVP
Is it a real windows domain, or a "fake" (that might cause outrage) one with SAMBA?

Aethred

Dabbler
Is it a real windows domain, or a "fake" (that might cause outrage) one with SAMBA?
It is a real Windows domaine, on a Windows Server 2012. I think we have 4 or 5 domain controllers if that affects anything.

I just realised you can click on alerts to get details, this is what I get concerning Active Directory:

1631175738391.png
Is this something I can solve? Would it help if I created the account for TrueNAS in AD manually beforehand?

Attachments

• 1631175733762.png
    1631175733762.png
    12.1 KB · Views: 137