Hyper-v

hescominsoon

Patron
From the documentation it appears hyper-v is not supported? If this the case or is it a matter of ymmv with Hyper-v but it should still run?

sretalla

Powered by Neutrality
I think I've seen reports of some folks with it working, but there are some critical problems with passthrough of HBAs, so it would clearly not be for serious storage if the disks can't be directly accessed by the guest.

Feel free to try. Be careful with your data.

EDIT. Ignore that answer, didn't see the thread was for Truecommand and not FreeNAS.

Last edited:

hescominsoon

Patron
is truecommand based upon zfs? if so then why would they make vmware and virtualbox officially supported? Hence my inquiry re: Hyper-v.

sretalla

Powered by Neutrality
is truecommand based upon zfs?
It's a FreeBSD build.

why would they make vmware and virtualbox officially supported?
VMware = the most supported virtualization platform.
Virtualbox = Oracle (the owner of ZFS and Virtualbox, the previously included hypervisor for FreeNAS in version 9) if you can run it in Virtualbox, you should be able to dd the raw HD file across and run on bhyve.

Adrian

Contributor
I have TrueCommand running apparently happily in a Hyper-V VM.

sretalla