How to remove TrueNas for other OS

Jellax

Cadet
Hi

I have tried Truenas Core on and old NUC but want to use the NUC for another project requiring another OS installed.
How do I tell TrueNas too boot from USB så I can install the other OS?
If I use F2 on boot I get into a TrueNas menu of some sort but cant figure out how to change so that USB is bootable?

Any tutorials around?

Ericloewe

Server Wrangler
How do I tell TrueNas too boot from USB
You don't. That is up to the system firmware. You will need to consult the manufacturer's documentation (or wildly press all of ESC, F1, F8, F11 and F12 and hope that works).

Jellax

Cadet
When I installed TrueNas I used F2 to enter the boot meny and change to USB but now that has changed?
How can that change?

Ericloewe

Server Wrangler
Has it changed? Again, you need to check the manufacturer's info. TrueNAS has zero impact on this.

Davvo

MVP
You could simply jank out the drive, wipe it and proceed with your non-TrueNas project.

We don't have a crystal sphere able to see what you do (and don't). Option is likely there: either use google, a manual or your eyes.

Jellax

Cadet
According to Google, and my eyes, the key to use to enter the BIOS on my NUC is F2.
That is also they key I have used before to access the BIOS.
But now when i press F2 I come to this meny:

Attachments

• 20230425_133540.jpg
    20230425_133540.jpg
    211.2 KB · Views: 95

Davvo

MVP
Iirc that's TN standard menù, try pushing F2 continuosly once you reboot the machine.

Jellax

Cadet
I use the same bluetooth keyboard as always and really hammer the F2 to no avail.
Ill have to yank a wired keyboard somewhere from and try that