How to determine boot disk during core to scale upgrade

lonwhite

Cadet
Trying to migrate from core 13.0.U4 to scale. When I get into scale USB boot drive it asks which drive to install TrueNAS on and lists every disk in my current system. My core "boot" disk is /dev/da3 but scale only gives me sd"x" choices. I have several SSDs that are part of my core system so when scale lists them I can only see a series of "KINGSTON SA400S3" labels and does not show the serial number. So I show 6 of the same Kingston labels. The only differentiator is the "tag" where most say "zfs member" with one showing as "ddf_raid_membe" As stated my boot drive on core is da3 which is the 4th disk... the "ddf_raid_membe" disk on scale shows sdd which would also be the 4th disk. I know that system assigned disk IDs is not always linear so I cannot simply pick sdd since it is the "4th" disk. Has anybody run into this? Any way to positively know which disk labeled by scale is my current core boot drive?

Thanks...

lonwhite

Cadet
Trying to migrate from core 13.0.U4 to scale. When I get into scale USB boot drive it asks which drive to install TrueNAS on and lists every disk in my current system. My core "boot" disk is /dev/da3 but scale only gives me sd"x" choices. I have several SSDs that are part of my core system so when scale lists them I can only see a series of "KINGSTON SA400S3" labels and does not show the serial number. So I show 6 of the same Kingston labels. The only differentiator is the "tag" where most say "zfs member" with one showing as "ddf_raid_membe" As stated my boot drive on core is da3 which is the 4th disk... the "ddf_raid_membe" disk on scale shows sdd which would also be the 4th disk. I know that system assigned disk IDs is not always linear so I cannot simply pick sdd since it is the "4th" disk. Has anybody run into this? Any way to positively know which disk labeled by scale is my current core boot drive?

Thanks...
I went ahead and completely rebuilt my TrueNAS system. I neded to make some additional changes and it made more sense to backup the data to another system I have and then rebuild with a fresh install.