Migrate from SCALE to CORE 13

c77dk

Patron
Just lost one of my test systems (hw issue), which I used to test CORE on :-(

Now that CORE 13 is out, I'm thinking of migrating my home system back to CORE. SCALE is running fine, but for me it's mostly a "nice to have" the k3s apps (a jail or vm with docker/k3s on CORE works fine for me)

Anyone know if the ZFS versions are compatible now? Haven't seen it confirmed in the docs, but I might just need some more coffee :D
If they are, then I know what to do during the weekend (when I've fixed the 10Gbps aquantia on my hack)

mav@

iXsystems
iXsystems
13 and SCALE now have exactly the same ZFS version, so pool import should not be a problem. But you may have to reinstall it from scratch, since I doubt there is a migration path in that direction.

anodos

Sambassador
iXsystems
I do not believe POSIX1E ACL type support has been implemented in ZFS on FreeBSD and so you may lose permissions info if you're using that ACL type.

c77dk

Patron
I do not believe POSIX1E ACL type support has been implemented in ZFS on FreeBSD and so you may lose permissions info if you're using that ACL type.
Has kept to NFS4 ACLs, so no issues there :smile: Using both CORE and SCALE just makes it easier to keep to one type (after you gave me a pointer for the nfs4 get/setfacl tools).

c77dk

Patron
Pools imported fine :smile: Really nice with this possibility to switch between CORE and SCALE (would be even easier if I had saved my old CORE config :P)

EDIT: had to go to commandline and change pool-wide ACL type (had created the pools in SCALE, so default was posix, even with some datasets set to nfsv4) to nfsv4, otherwise I got some ACL errors from webui on some of my datasets. Always fun to do stuff not many other do :smile:

Last edited: