Move to a new SSD Disk with replication tasks

pete_mor

Cadet
Hi,

I have TrueNAS Core 13 and I want to move my boot SSD to a new one with different capacity. No datasets are on this disk

From searching the forums I found out that the best way is to backup config, install to new disk and restore config which is straight forward and an easy task

My question is that this system is my secondary one that stores the mirrored snapshots from my main Truenas Core 13 (of course on different disks). What happens to this mechanism after I install and restore the config? Will I have to recreate the jobs on my main system? Will the system recognise the already stored snapshots or start from the beginning?

Thanks

sretalla

Powered by Neutrality
After the config restore, your system will behave (and essentially be) the same server that it was before the reinstall.

There should be no need to change anything.

Make sure you backup your ssh key files if you have those and put them back after.

pete_mor

Cadet
After the config restore, your system will behave (and essentially be) the same server that it was before the reinstall.

There should be no need to change anything.

Make sure you backup your ssh key files if you have those and put them back after.
Thanks for your answer.

Can you please direct me on how to backup my ssh keys? I have only found documentation about scale

Do you mean backup /root/.ssh ? I have only the authorized_keys file there. Is that it?

sretalla