How can I access (ZFS) Snapshots access though OSX

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello there,
how can I access to ZFS snapshots in OSX?

I have no problems to access VSS snapshots with Windows using CIFS (using "previous versions"), but I'm not able to figure out how to access them with OSX.

Any suggestion?

Thank you

m0nkey_

MVP
You need to connect to your FreeNAS server via SSH.

When in the dataset, there will be a .zfs hidden directory. You won't see it even running ls -a. You can simply change to the directory by running cd .zfs and you will be able to see all of your snapshots.

You need to connect to your FreeNAS server via SSH.

When in the dataset, there will be a .zfs hidden directory. You won't see it even running ls -a. You can simply change to the directory by running cd .zfs and you will be able to see all of your snapshots.
Is there any way to access to snapshots thorugh the CIFS/AFP protocol with OSX? ..similar to the way Windows client manages snapshot access through "Previous versions"

It's impratical to ask final user to access snapshots thorugh SSH.

Thank you

m0nkey_

MVP
There is no other way to do this via OS X. Finder does not support SMB previous versions.

fracai

Guru
I can't check right now, but is the .zfs directory exposed over AFP or SMB? You could enable viewing hidden files, or use the "Go > Location" menu option to manually specify the directory.
I'm not sure that this is possible over the network share.

Status
Not open for further replies.