HELP needed -> SCSI sense: NOT READY -> pool lost

IceBoosteR

Guru
A little bit of wrap up here.
I mean it is now half a year ago, but I want to post the possible problem solution here.
I have RMA'd the PSU. Seasonic did some tests on the PSU and could not find something. I have explained in detail what my error was and asked them to test again - they did but could not find any problem on that PSU. Interesting but I guess not uncommon, as I have experienced only sometimes problems... They wanted to send me the (faulty) PSU back. I have kindly asked them if they could send me another unit, as I can not put that one back to my server. Otherwise I would need to buy another model from another brand. The kind person from the support, as he was aware of the errors and the situation, arranged the replacement of the PSU even that this would normally not be possible. Thank you again - Good customer support. I got a new unit and put it into my server. Now 6 month later I have no issues - and I hope I will never ever get these again. Thats why redundancy is also important for PSUs....
After that situation, I bought a 8TB external drive. Every night I do now do backups from my most important data to that drive.
After that I was a little bit upset about this bad PSU, but at the end of the day, errors can happen everywhere. Always have a working backup in place guys!

Thanks for helping me guys, learned a lot and I hope now that:
1: If anyone else it getting these errors, this post may help to find the root cause
2: That I will never have this error again

-IceBoosteR

gabeszphoto

Dabbler
Hy All, I have a RAID1 configured pool with two WD Purple 1TB drives behind a Delock PCIe RAID card because of my motherboard has only 4 SATA ports. (1-Boot SSD, 2-3 RAID0 two WD Green 2TB HDD).
My problem is that recently the RAID1 pool always get degraded. After rebooting and resilvering the pool the issues is still there.
My build is nearly 6 years old, is it possible that my motherboard is getting die?
Thank you for your answers!
Gabor