Help installing mysql

Status
Not open for further replies.

vagos82

Cadet
Hi there, so i'm a completly new user to freenas and have almost no idea in linux system!!!
i have installed and started working in freenas 11 and i came in the need of installing mysql in a jail. The reason is i want to run the database for my store so client pcs can access it.
I hit throogh wall no matter what i've tryed.
Can someone (with patients) guid me. What steps i need to make to get it running?

vagos82

Cadet

Redcoat

MVP
Here's another "tut" you might look at: https://forums.freenas.org/index.ph...inder-in-a-freenas-11-jail.62135/#post-442587 where mysql is a part of the install - see the first link in it. I have not tried that procedure myself but the information appears current, well considered and well written.

To move forward here I suggest that you describe what you have done in attempting to create a jail and install mysql, and the system's response to it, indicating where you are stuck. In such a way someone with experience can make specific suggestions to move you forward. If you used as specific guide, identify it.

To begin with, though, describe your hardware (MB, processor, memory, storage, boot device, etc.) and the FreeNAS version you have installed - this is essential starter information to the diagnostic exercise.

Status
Not open for further replies.