Hello

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jammy

Cadet
Hello everyone.. I am a new member to this community.Just installed FreeNas and trying to work through it.
I have a question my Freenas everyday gets a different Ip address from my router.I am on Frenas 11 satble version. I am pretty sure it should not be the case.

Last edited:

Jailer

Not strong, but bad
Welcome to the forum. Try assigning your FreeNAS server a static IP in your router.

Jammy

Cadet
Thank you for your response.. I tried that but then the plugin page just says loading and it doesn't show any of my plug in..

joeschmuck

Old Man
I assign a static IP on my FreeNAS machine and fill in the DHCP and such.

Try assigning your FreeNAS server a static IP in your router.
I tried that but then the plugin page just says loading and it doesn't show any of my plug in..
What @Jailer suggested should work. Your results do not make sense if you set the FreeNAS MAC address on your Router to a static IP but I'm not in your shoes so I'll have to take it at face value.
Another option is to change your Router DHCP Lease Time to something longer like 36 hours. Of course you could just leave your FreeNAS server powered on and that should solve it from jumping around for frequently but the real solution is a static IP.

Status
Not open for further replies.