hello i cant boot truenas after installing it on a ssd bootdrive

sveabert

Cadet
hello i can boot into the menu and when i select to boot truenas it first shows some lines and then it just repeats the same message over and over again
pci5: unknown notify 0x2

Arwen

MVP
Please look at the "Forum Rules", located at the top of forum pages. These help us, help you. Specifically post your hardware devices and configuration, as well as your software version.

joeschmuck

Old Man
@sveabert When you provide your hardware and software configuration, also be very clear in what you are experiencing.
i can boot into the menu
What does that mean? I am pretty sure I know what it means but I dislike guessing.

Please understand that we are not mind readers and we are not there, no two systems are the same and very often problems are not that obvious.
We actually enjoy helping people out but we prefer to not guess. Some people have an enormous amount of data on the NAS and if we make the wrong recommendation, well no one wants to be in that situation. So no one is being mean, we just need information to properly help you.

If I had to guess though at your problem, I'd say you do not have enough RAM, or your CPU is very old, or you have a PCI card not fully seated, or your hardware will not run the version of TrueNAS you are using. So more information is required.