Headphones + Subsonic/Transcoder

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wisdom

Explorer
Hey ya'll. I was looking to follow up a little on the comments mentioned in this thread, where Subsonic is used as the flac transcoder for headphones.

Now, it seems like overkill to install an entire plugin just to get access to ffmpeg or lame for flac to mp3 conversion, but I'm willing to do it if it's the most straightforward way to get something working. However, I'm unsure of how to link these two plugins together. Insofar as I'm aware, I can't point headphones to subsonic if they're installed in separate jails, but I also am unsure of how to install subsonic inside of headphones, so I can successfully point headphones to a the built in transcoder.

If anyone has any advice, please let me know. I'm getting a little tired of manually transcoding the downloads I'm able to get when there's a built in feature to make this happen.

Joshua Parker Ruehlig

Hall of Famer
ffmpeg with flac and mp3 support is already included with the headphones plugin. try typing 'ffmpeg' in the headphones jail to confirm it is working.

Wisdom

Explorer
ffmpeg with flac and mp3 support is already included with the headphones plugin. try typing 'ffmpeg' in the headphones jail to confirm it is working.

Oh snap! Well that's really cool - from browsing the output, it looks like the default path is supposed to be
Code:
/usr/pbi/headphones-amd64/share/ffmpeg
?

I'll toss that into the postprocessing path and see if it doesn't shake out. Thanks pointing that out for me!

Status
Not open for further replies.