GUI not loading (11.1 &11.2) sorry for duplicate

vannormant

Cadet
Lets get this out of the way first.
Hardware....
Motherboard: Asus z77 pro V (have also tested on MSI H77MA-G43)
CPU i5-3570k (have also swapped out for i5-3570 non k)
RAM - 16 Gigs Crucial DDR3 1600 Mhz (4x4 gig sticks), previously had 11.xx working on 2x4 gigs of Mushkin 1333 Mhz
Boot Drive(s) - Have tried on Mushkin 60 gb SSD (MKNSSDEC60GB), ADATA SSD (SSD SX900), old WD 500gb blue laptop HDD and various thumb drives all with the same results.
HDD's - haven't got that far yet in install please read on

A few months back I thought id try out freenas on the aforementioned z77 with 3570k and only 8 gigs of ram, booting off of the small ssd, with the other ssd used for jails, and 2 old Seagate 2 tb drives i had laying around in a striped array. I had PMS running on it with an SMB share and it worked flawlessly for months, so much so I thought I couldn't live without it and should really upgrade it from the oh so bad striped array and only having 8 gigs of ram, so I ordered 4 WD 4tb Red drives. (yet to be installed)

It was working great until yesterday, when my cousin dropped off his old gaming rig to help with upgrade (the one with the H77 mobo, 16 gigs of ram and the non k processor) so i swapped parts around (all the parts work interchangeably on both motherboards, tested most iterations on a windows boot drive). I reinstalled FreeNAS (11.1 to start, installed UEFI first, then BIOS). Every instalation is perfect on the FreeNAS machine screen but when I go to access the web GUI it either loads improperly (11.1 installs) or just shows the shark logo on a navy background (11.2) I have tried numerous installs on every permutation and combination of hardware (including what ran perfectly for months), cleared browser cache, (all browsers) used incognito/ private mode (chrome/ firefox), even tried compatibility mode (internet explorer) and nothing seems to work. I have included the pictures of what shows up, but I have seen those exact pictures on forums, but non seem to be resolved. I have tried using Chrome (my defualt), then internet explorer (thats what most people said worked) installed firefox fresh, operah fresh, edge, all have the same results. Have tried using chrome on my phone (worked up until yesterday) with the same results. I have cleanly wiped all ssds numerous times as well as the iso image, burned it using win32, rufus (ISO & dd) and have installed about 40 times in the last 24 hours always with the same results. This is a fresh build and I do have all my data backed up onto a seperate windows machine so don't be afraid of ruining data in an answer. And as a last resort if I need to I can try installing it on my main rig (asus z170 (forget exact model) 6700k, 16 gigs corsair 2400 mhz ram) Edit: I have also disabled all firewalls on both the client and router just to see if it was the issue, made no difference, firewalls are back up PLZ HELP!! View attachment 27147 View attachment 27148

Chris Moore

Hall of Famer
Is that the correct IP address? How are you configuring the network address that the NAS is assigned?

vannormant

Cadet
Is that the correct IP address? How are you configuring the network address that the NAS is assigned?

Yes that is the correct one. I let it automatically choose one (10.0.0.162) and I manually changed it (10.0.0.168) to see if it would make a difference. no difference