Page fault while in kernel mode, fresh install over Corral

Status
Not open for further replies.

Method320

Cadet
I had Corral installed previously and that was fine but figured given it's abandoned, I should go to 11. I installed fresh over my ssd, it didnt even ask if I wanted to update or fresh install, so I assume it was a fresh install.

Install seems to go just fine, but then on first boot, without the install USB in, I get an error:

dT0SoIz.jpg

Notice the corral at the top. Why would this be showing, as I've just installed 11.1? I tried a second fresh install, same thing.

Hardware is an older X58 board, intel DX58SO, 12 gigs of ram, i7 920.

Method320

Cadet
Update:

If I take out all drives except boot drive, it loads Corral just fine. Why is it loading corral?! I just installed 11.1! My entire config is still there, this makes ZERO sense.

Method320

Cadet
Ive taken the boot drive out, put it in another machine by usb and wiped the drive entirely. trying a third install now.

MrToddsFriends

Documentation Browser
I Don't know what exactly is going wrong. One method would be:
  1. Wipe your boot medium using your favorite tool for such things (if you are sure that there are no backups of FreeNAS 9.x configs on this medium that could be useful for you)
  2. Repeat the FreeNAS 11 install process, preferably with only the installation source and target connected (the latter one being your boot medium)

Method320

Cadet
I Don't know what exactly is going wrong. One method would be:
  1. Wipe your boot medium using your favorite tool for such things (if you are sure that there are no backups of FreeNAS 9.x configs on this medium that could be useful for you)
  2. Repeat the FreeNAS 11 install process, preferably with only the installation source and target connected (the latter one being your boot medium)

Thanks, I believe this worked, it's booting just fine now into 11.1 (so far anyway, farther than its gotten before) I think I'm in the clear. Going to be nice starting fresh

Edit: yep, booted all the way in, was able to load web gui. time to throw the drives back in :DD

wblock

Documentation Engineer
Add the drives, then go back into the BIOS and make sure that it is set to boot from the correct device.

Status
Not open for further replies.