Great Deals

NugentS

MVP
All,

The Great Deals forum is great, really. However its also, at the same time, not so much use because the deals are geographically located, and anyone from anywhere could be on the forum (well almost anywhere, maybe not North Korea).

The issue is that I have to look through a whole bunch of US deals to find a UK, or even a European deal (which are of course a lot less useful now)

I don't actually know what the solution to this is, as I am unconvinced that a deals forum per country is practical - but is there anything that could be done?

Tigersharke

BOfH in User's clothing
Administrator
Hmmm... I suppose we could either use a prefix or a tag to solve this, as either of them can be searched. I think using the prefix in that forum can be controlled best, as we can set specific prefixes for use in specific forum areas, I don't believe tags has such mechanism.

Then I guess the main thing to decide is which countries or groups of countries or other indicator should we use?

NugentS

MVP
My View

US - probably default (although I would prefer no default)
My opinion is that Europe can be treated as a single area (without the UK)
UK another area

I am rather less certain about the ROW but it should be based around Customs rather than actual country however as far as I am aware that doesn't really help.

Tigersharke

BOfH in User's clothing
Administrator
I was thinking somewhat by continent, since US & Canada and possibly Mexico may all have similar access to those deals but I don't really know. Perhaps others will chime in with their ideas.
I'm not sure that the prefixes would have any default to offer, they would likely be ordered alphabetically.

NugentS

MVP
Given that most of the deals I have looked are US with occasional other ones. It might be enough to have a US Prefix and a Non-US Prefix. That way, whilst I would see the European ones - I could filter out the US based ones which are of limited use over here. I would still get ones based elsewhere - but that might be enough

ornias

Wizard
US - probably default (although I would prefer no default)
My opinion is that Europe can be treated as a single area (without the UK)
UK another area
UK-> EU and EU -> UK shipping is actually anno august 2021 quite well organised by now by most shops. So I would suggest just seperating by Europe vs America's as a start.

Tigersharke

BOfH in User's clothing
Administrator
Europe prefix made, should be usable by any posters or mod/admins. I am not sure everyone will add a prefix but those could be made a requirement, in which case we can no longer assume any region and more will need to be specified by prefixes, so of course more prefixes would then need to be made as well.

NugentS

MVP
Thank you

I guess we wait and see what happens

NugentS

MVP
Can I suggest a Sticky at the top of the Forum asking that anyone posting a deal use the prefix.

Sean

NugentS

MVP
Thank you