Black Friday SSD Deals

Status
Not open for further replies.

joeschmuck

Old Man
If you don't currently have a SSD as your boot device and still want one, NOW is the time to make that purchase during the Black Friday Sales. I'm not promoting www.NewEgg.com (although many of us do purchase from that site), but you can find great deals on 120GB and lower capacity SSDs. While I really like the Samsung 850 EVO series, I wouldn't spend extra money for a boot drive for FreeNAS. I found a 32GB SSD for $21.99 (not sure how good KingDian is, you might be saying KingDang 2 weeks later :eek:), but you get my point. Look around and see what you can find and if you find a remarkable deal, share the information.

Enjoy your Black Friday shopping!

Good tip Joe (although I'm not sure I'd trust the KingDian but hey, as long as you've got your config backed up, where's the harm?).

One thing I'd add though is that before snapping up a deal on amazon, it's worth checking camelcamelcamel to make sure you're actually getting a deal.

joeschmuck

Old Man
I've never heard of camelcamelcamel.com but just visited the site, I like it! I easily found Norton Security 10 Device software for $35 as a digital download from Amazon. This is exactly what I wanted. Now I need to wait 50 days to activate the new license so I don't waste my current subscription.

Status
Not open for further replies.