gptzfsboot: error 32 lba 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

scottmaverick

Dabbler
I have posted this same problem in the installation/updates forum as well, but I believe it might belong here instead.

I get the below error whenever I try to either install or update to 11.2 stable. Currently I am running 9.10.2.U6 without issues. I looked into 11.2 and it did not seem as though there would be any updating 9.10 to 11.2. The issue I keep running into is with one of my ZFS pools and is described below. It looks like it cannot load the pool for some reason, but I cant fingure out why. It should not be changing the ZFS filesystem when I update to 11.2, so I don't think that is the cause. For some reason it says the pool is not supported in 11.2 but it is in 9.10 and when I am upgrading it should not be changing anything about ZFS. The pool consists of 2 vdev's with 12 drives each, 3 of which are redundancy. It shows up as healthy in 9.10 and none of the drives gives any errors in SMART tests. Do I need to somehow update or upgrade the 9.10 pools to be able to use them with 11.2, or is there some other error?

gptzfsboot: error 32 lba 1
error 1 lba 1654253898819624
failed to clear pad2 area of primary vdev
failed to read pad2 area of primary vdev
ZFS: i/o error - all block copies unavailable
ZFS: pool Media is not supported
gptzfsboot: failed to mount default pool media

FreeBSD/x86 boot
Default: Media:
boot:

D

dlavigne

Were you able to figure out the cause for this (eg unsupported hardware)?

scottmaverick

Dabbler
I have not yet figured out why I am getting this error. I will look into any possible hardware compatibility issues as I have not done that yet. Thanks for the suggestion.

scottmaverick

Dabbler
I have been able to find that in the recomended hardware document that my LSI 9201 HBA's should work fine. I have not seen anything in FreeNAS 11 to back this info up however. Will flashing these to the newest firmware make any difference?

Last edited:

scottmaverick

Dabbler
LSI SAS 2116 is supported, and is what the controller on the 9201 cards are. I am at a loss again since I figured this was going to be the issue. I have been unable to find what version of the LSI firmware 11.2 requires. Mine are currently running 20.00.02.00. If anyone can share that i would appreciate it.

Last edited:

Jason Hamilton

Contributor
I too upgraded today to 11.2 and I also got this error. I guess I'll be d/l the iso of the 11 U5 and loading that up. I also have the LSI card as well.

I reset the system and now it informs me that this is a FreeNAS data disk and can not boot system. First time I've seen that. Perhaps I'll try a fresh install of 11.2 and then restore my config.

EDIT: Scratch that I'm going to the 11.1 didn't know that 11.2 was in RC mode right now my bad. I just selected that train from the update page cause I saw stable next to it.

Status
Not open for further replies.