Got disconnected by another driver: Device busy

Status
Not open for further replies.

ethereal

Guru
when i boot my server i get this -

network ups tools - ups driver controller 2.7.3
network ups tools - Generic HID driver 0.39 (2.7.3)
USB communication driver 0.32
Duplicate driver instance detected! Terminating other driver!

Obviously it has detected a duplicate driver and tried to terminate it. I fails because if i restart nut i get -

network ups tools - Generic HID driver 0.39 (2.7.3)
USB communication driver 0.32
Duplicate driver instance detected! Terminating other driver!

on a daily basis i am getting these messages in the console -

Jan 10 05:39:34 freenas usbhid-ups[9710]: Got disconnected by another driver: Device busy
Jan 10 07:08:01 freenas usbhid-ups[9710]: Got disconnected by another driver: Device busy

i don't know how freenas works with nut - but it detects the duplicate driver but fails to terminate it.
i am obviously worried that the bug/problem interferes with the smooth operation of the ups.

Attachments

• debug-freenas-20160110092421..tgz
    391 KB · Views: 258

joeschmuck

Old Man
My first question would be to ask if your UPS is actually talking to FreeNAS.

In a shell type: "upsc -l" to list your ups name (likely ups). If you get something back then that is a good thing. Lets continue for the heck of it.
Type "upsc ups" (assuming ups is the name returned in the first command). This will list the status of your UPS.

If these things occur then I'd say you have nothing to actually worry about from the UPS supporting your system.

Now I'm grasping at straws here, try to relocate your USB port connection for the UPS to a completely different location. Does that change anything?

ethereal

Guru
everything appears to work correctly - i've unplugged the ups power and freenas shut down okay. the ups.log file is updated every 5 minutes with the ups status. i have not had any emails from ups saying that there was any problem with communication.
i will try another usb port and get back here.

joeschmuck

Old Man

rsquared

Explorer
You really shouldn't start more than one thread per problem, it makes it hard to help when the info isn't all in one place.

In your other thread (https://forums.freenas.org/index.php?threads/40446/) you mention that you're running a script to change parameters, but you never answered the question of what that script actually does. Please post the full contents of the script, along with how you are triggering it to run.

Without further information, the script seems like a more likely culprit for causing the problem than a bug with FreeNAS.

ethereal

Guru
it doesn't matter what the script does.

the only reason i mentioned it is because it shows that the duplicate driver is still running.
please read my original post - on boot there is a duplicate driver detected and there is an attempt to terminate it. when nut is restarted it shows that the duplicate driver is still there and terminating fails again

if you reread the post--
i run a script to change the maxage to avoid the data getting stale. when i run the script i get this -

Last edited:

rogerh

Guru
@ethereal, can you let us know the number of your bug report please?

ethereal

Guru
bug report number - 13101

rogerh

Guru
Thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.