ups - Duplicate driver instance detected! Terminating other driver!

Status
Not open for further replies.

ethereal

Guru
i've had a ups for a month now and when i boot the system i get this -

network ups tools - ups driver controller 2.7.3
network ups tools - Generic HID driver 0.39 (2.7.3)
USB communication driver 0.32
Duplicate driver instance detected! Terminating other driver!

i run a script to change the maxage to avoid the data getting stale. when i run the script i get this -

on a daily basis i get -
Jan 7 20:47:07 freenas usbhid-ups[3837]: Got disconnected by another driver: Device busy

i think this problem is because of the duplicate driver instance - can somebody help me find out why i have two instances running and stop the problem ?

keep it simple please i am a moron (not certified anymore i forgot to go to the meetings)

SweetAndLow

Sweet'NASty
When you run this script what does it do? Probably best to shutdown nut, modify upsd.conf then start nut.

ethereal

Guru
when i boot the server this is in the console -

but i don't think it terminates because there is still a duplicate every time i run the script. and which i think leads to the few times a day -

Jan 7 20:47:07 freenas usbhid-ups[3837]: Got disconnected by another driver: Device busy

m0nkey_

MVP
I'd have to question why you're using a script at all to interact with a service. If you have additional parameters for NUT, you should put them in the auxiliary parameters box in the GUI.

ethereal

Guru
maxage needs to go in to upsd.conf

auxiliary parameters box in the GUI is for ups.conf

rogerh

Guru
Could be a UPS bug, or a NUT driver bug, or just possibly a FreeNAS bug (including the non-driver parts of NUT). But not many people seem to have noticed it so the particular driver or UPS seems likelier. I'd try on a NUT forum (Google will know), but if they have no clue I'd suggest report it as a bug through the FreeNAS GUI. If you do the latter a) you have to register on the FreeNAS bug system before you start, and b) it is a good idea to let the GUI upload a debug file (will take ages). And please let us know the bug number if you do!

joeschmuck

Old Man
Duplicate Threads? I think you posted this in two places, not very cool for certain. Which one do you want me to delete or lock?

ethereal

Guru
i tried to get support - and then i thought i had opened a bug report. (but it was only in the bug reporting forum) sorry.
i have created a bug report now.

you can delete any post you like

Ericloewe

Server Wrangler
Duplicate Threads? I think you posted this in two places, not very cool for certain. Which one do you want me to delete or lock?
Ah, you missed the joke opportunity!

"Duplicate thread detected! Terminating other thread!"

joeschmuck

Old Man
Status
Not open for further replies.