Getting this message on boot, which now takes about half an hour; Can't browse SMB shares anymore

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fongaboo

Dabbler
I was doing some copies between SMB shares on a Windows client machine... and a Windows installer was running in a Bhyve VM, when my FreeNAS became completely unresponsive. I couldn't SSH into it, access any shares, or interact with the web GUI at all. So I did a hard reset.

When I booted back up, I got this message when it started to mount the ZFS filesystem. The message changes a little bit every few minutes, but this was generally the gist of it. Finally after about 30 minutes it booted up.

My Windows machines saw my FreeNAS in the Network folder, but if I clicked on it I got this error. There is a separate Windows Domain controller on the network BTW. Everything had been configured and working fine up till this point and it had been working in conjunction.

So I tried to manually initiate a ZFS scrub. When I did so, it rebooted. Is that normal for a manual scrub?

When it booted up again, it still displayed that message and took 1/2 an hour to hash out before the unit completed boot.

Not having much luck googling. Any chance this problem will just resolve itself when the scrub is done? Any advice would be appreciated. TIA

Fongaboo

Dabbler
OK here's a weird aspect... My Windows 10 client machine gets the error when trying to browse shares. But if I logged directly onto my Windows Domain controller and browsed to the FreeNAS, it could see the shares. However no credentials worked and they only became accessible if I turned Allow Guest Access on each share in FreeNAS.

D

dlavigne

Sounds like the boot device died. Try reinstalling to a different stick and see if that resolves the issue.

Status
Not open for further replies.