SOLVED SMB Service + Domain Controller

Status
Not open for further replies.

level20peon

Cadet
My SMB Service is up and running, shares and respective (unix-)users are created and accessible by Windows clients. So far, so good.

Now I am trying to move the only function one server on my network still has to my NAS - the domain controller. When I set up a domain controller via freenas web-UI, the domain controller works as expected. But there seems to be one caveat: The unix-users don't have access to the SMB shares any longer. It seems that the samba database used by the SMB service is replaced by another samba database once the "domain controller" service is activated. When the "domain controller" service is deactivated, the SMB services' database takes hold once again.
I tried exporting the existing unix-users from the "non-Domain-Samba" and importing them into the "Domain-Samba" via pbedit but that lead to conflicts and eventually destroyed the Domain configuration (subsequent "samba-tool" commands lead to errors for example).
So does anyone have migrated a Samba server to a domain? If so, how?
The only way that seems plausible to me at this moment is to keep the configuration as it worked before (SMB Service without Domain controller) and move the Domain controller to a jail.

Any pointers?

(Freenas 11.1 U4)

level20peon

Cadet
I put the dc into a jail since that is the only way I could think of to keep the services (dc + samba shares) separate whithout having some hacky mixed user-database.

Status
Not open for further replies.