FTP Directory

Status
Not open for further replies.

Paul Strout

Cadet
Hello I would like to back up my Machine Images via Internal Filezilla FTP, Permissions is not a concern. I seem to get to this default directory which I assume is root.
I can't leave this directory or go up a level the same problem exist in WinSCP as well.

The share is a SMB so that is probably where the issue resides. I'm leaving out a setting in FreeNas somewhere or need to create a data set of sorts.

Thanks,

Paul

Attachments

• ftp directory.PNG
    ftp directory.PNG
    16 KB · Views: 358

pasiz

Explorer
On Services -> FTP Settings (wrench icon), there is a path. Check that it corresponds your directory you want to share.

Paul Strout

Cadet
Hello and Thanks, that was set for the correct path It is a SMB share so I'm not sure why.. I am logged on anonymous as it is a security is not an issue as it is inside. I also adjusted it on Filezilla FTPDirectory.JPG

pasiz

Explorer
What are you trying to accomplish? Windows can mount SMB directly, so why filezilla? WinSCP is for sftp connections, not for SMB.

Paul Strout

Cadet
I want to backup machine images( Clones) from a FreeNas Box to a Windows share. Simple FTP seems to be the fastest internally, I am open to any ideas.
Thanks.

pasiz

Explorer
I want to backup machine images( Clones) from a FreeNas Box to a Windows share. Simple FTP seems to be the fastest internally, I am open to any ideas.
Thanks.

Maybe return to fundamentals. FTP is configured via services -> FTP, smb has nothing to do with it. Filezilla is for ftp connections, so to use FTP, you setup a FTP server on freenas like suggested. Otherwise use windows built-in sharing to connect your freenas.

Paul Strout

Cadet
Yes, I want to make this simple I was using Cobain as a Free backup,but would receive random errors or time outs.... FTP was much faster the backups don't need to be time stamped, I would prefer not to map any drives if possible with all of the ransom ware out there.

Thanks,

Status
Not open for further replies.