FTP service not working, directory locked

Status
Not open for further replies.

deadfraggle

Cadet
I enabled the FTP service, created a local account and set it's home directory. I also enabled port forwarding on the router to point to the FreeNAS PC. Internally, I can login to the FTP either by using the internal address, or our static IP.

So I thought maybe our ISP blocked port 21 but if I set it to something else, like 17567, I cannot connect. The error that shows up in FreeNAS is 'Security Vilolation: passive connection from 192.168.1.105 rejected'. If I turn off 'Passive transfers' in my ftp client, the FreeNAS error is 'Refused port: (address mismatch).

I think the problem may be beyond FreeNAS though. I just installed the Filezilla ftp server and have the same problem. It works fine on our network internally, but a timeout externally no matter which port I try. Can my ISP detect the type of transfer? I have no problems connecting externally with VNC to my PC within the same network as the FreeNAS box.

I enabled SSH to try it, and was able to connect (internally) with Putty. My ftp client doesn't seem to have the protocol though.

Also, I'm not sure what I did, but the directory I setup as a home directory for the user I created is now locked. I can access the parent folder, which is part of the share we have on the network, but I can only view files the home directory, not create.

Yatti420

Wizard
This is a networking / permissions issue..

Status
Not open for further replies.