FreeNAS Web GUI Partial Loading

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dusan

Guru
Where are the system and web server log files located?
The logs are in /var and /var/logs
The default FreeNAS syslogd.conf settings do not log messages with priority level lower than notice. When investigating a problem I often find it useful to also see the info and debug messages. Here's how to enable it:
  1. edit /etc/syslogd.conf, uncomment the *.* /var/log/all.log line
  2. touch /var/log/all.log
  3. chmod 600 /var/log/all.log
  4. killall -HUP syslogd (sends the hangup signal to syslogd which instructs it to reread the config file)
  5. all log messages will start appearing in /var/log/all.log
Of course this is lost on reboot.
You can make such changes permanent:
  1. mount -o noatime -uw / (mounts the root filesystel read-write)
  2. Do your change (be careful!)
  3. mount -ur / (mounts root read-only again)
One more warning!: https://bugs.freenas.org/issues/875

AaronLS

Dabbler
While pirateghost may be in the wrong for jumping to conclusions. You never really specified that you're not running in production, so you do share some of the blame.

Are you illiterate? Very first sentence of my first post:

Having exactly same issue, identical as screenshot, with this version I installed fresh onto virtualbox

and again couple posts later, first sentence:

While I am having the same issue as OP, as I mentioned I am installed to a VirtualBox VM

If you are only here to troll people and try to piss them off you have a sad existence.

AaronLS

Dabbler
Thanks Dusan, this will be very useful when troubleshooting in the future.

Whattteva

Wizard
Ok, that was totally my fault for skipping several posts.
But wow, someone needs to take a chill pill.
I missed reading several posts and all of a sudden, I'm illiterate AND lead a sad existence apparently.

cyberjock

Inactive Account
Shut-up ya noob Whattteva. It's not like you've ever helped anyone out here. You're just a crazy troll with 170 posts. (yes, this was sarcasm)

Go back to your sad existence. :D

Whattteva

Wizard
That actually makes me a teeny slightly happy. Maybe I'm a little masochistic? o_O

mattman555

Cadet
I rebuilt my Freenas physical box to 9.1.1, it worked for awhile then I got the same issue I had with 8.X

Nothing I've done to correct this seems to help, it just keeps coming back.

cyberjock

Inactive Account
Well, not to sound totally like a jerk, but like 1/2 of that hardware in your signature isn't appropriate for FreeNAS.

Syba Dual NIC.. are you kidding? Intel or go home.
AMD based system.. based on feedback here not always a good choice.
8GB of RAM with 10TB of data.. but exactly sure that's a good diea
and a 60GB SSD? Yeah... I do hope that's your boot drive and not an L2ARC or ZIL.

mattman555

Cadet
Mr Cyberjock,
Your suggestions around products are solid choices and I'm sure they will help others around their design and needs.
Keep in mind the products I originally choose for my design fit my design goals, budget, and what I had on hand to use.
No they were not optimal, no they were not perfect, but they worked well for my needs.
Late November I updated some items - NICs, RAM, Mobo/CPU etc. based on some further design decisions.
I didn't update my signature till just now (see below).

Now getting back on topic this issue occurs for me under two different configurations and versions of FreeNAS and it sounds like it is happening to others.
By chance does anyone have a helpful suggestion that might help myself or others resolve this?

Status
Not open for further replies.