Web gui not working???

JoshDW19

Community Hall of Fame
https://forums.freenas.org/index.php?threads/web-gui-not-working.46220/

in CHROME browser it's not working !
in IE works perfect.

This not related with the original install and location where ISO was taken.
this is BUG in old style webinterface.

Please provide fix or improve new UI interface from FreeNAS 11 U3

I don't quite understand how you came to the conclusion that it's the "old-style" GUI interface that isn't working. Can you explain how you came to that conclusion?

Just a quick note that the new GUI is not feature complete. We are offering it only as a preview and it has not been officially released. There is a small team working on feature parity. It will be done soon, but please be patient. Currently, you will have more options in the regular GUI.

Any pop-up blockers running in Chrome? Any noscript type plugins? Hope this helps!

danb35

Hall of Famer
in CHROME browser it's not working !
No, the old GUI is working just fine in Chrome. Maybe you can stick to one thread with your problem, or possibly even start a new one--there isn't a general issue with Chrome and the old GUI.

Pierce

Explorer
I've been running freenas for a few years now, I almost exclusively use Chrome on a win10 workstation.... the latest update to Chrome, Version 61.0.3163.100 (Official Build) (64-bit), the 9.10.2-U6 web UI no longer displays more than the top bar and a few widgets, but no menus, no tree, nada.

it works fine in firefox

gpsguy

BBarker

Contributor
Use Internet Explorer

Chrome is spotty and Edge won't work at all.

No idea about Firefox

gunit

Dabbler
Tbh I have given up with this
Apparently my z97 motherboard isn’t compatible due to lack of drivers
I’ve tried so many times with this hardware and exact same problem
Yet an i56400 and ASUS b150 pro 16gb ddr4 and it’s perfectly fine using same media install same browsers that had problems withz97 shows gui perfectly fine

BBarker

Contributor
Tbh I have given up with this
Apparently my z97 motherboard isn’t compatible due to lack of drivers
I’ve tried so many times with this hardware and exact same problem
Yet an i56400 and ASUS b150 pro 16gb ddr4 and it’s perfectly fine using same media install same browsers that had problems withz97 shows gui perfectly fine

Have you tried Internet Explorer?

We have proprietary software at our business that will only fully function on certain browsers so that's why I tried a few when I saw the GUI for FreeNAS. Chrome worked every now and then, Edge never worked but IE works every time.

gunit

Dabbler
Hi just tried setting it all up just to try ie and same thing
I can’t even attach a pic to show you as it’s too large for freenas servers!

gearinvent

Cadet
Hi Gents, after a flash of genius I tried to use the UI by a ssh tunnel in order to use a browser for another PC... the "someserver" is a server that connects my IP and the nasDNS IP, I am in a /24 network and my NAS is in another network at /16

ssh someserver -L 8000:nasDNS:80 -N

Then after opening http://localhost:8000/ it works!