Web gui not working???

gunit

Dabbler
Please can someone help me I have built a system and installed freenas 9.10.1
On the system this all looks ok and I'm given an IP address
In put that address on edge chrome or Firefox and I get nothing
On ie I manage to log on after several nas box restarts and several web login attempts I get some of the web gui parts are displayed strangely with weird diamond shapes
These are all brand new components
Asus z97p motherboard
I3 haswell processor
32gb ram ddr3
4 wdred nas drives
I've got an old freenas box at work running 9.3 I think (defiantly older) which works but transfer speeds are very slow
I'm not an expert at computers either and had never heard of putty until a couple of days ago ( that should give you some understanding of my knowledge in this)
Once in the web gui I'm not able to view the hdds or create a volume
Is my hardware an issue? I've been trying different things but nothing has helped
Please if someone knows where I'm going wrong or what I can do please let me know

JoshDW19

Community Hall of Fame
Hey there! Out of curiosity have you tried making sure you don't have a firewall that could be causing problems, or any other 3rd party browser plugins that could be interfering? Can you ping the address you're given without problems? It's just really odd you can't access the address through firefox or chrome at all.

gunit

Dabbler
Hi there I've used cmd prompt to ping the address which was successful
I'm using a brand new mobo that hasn't been connected to anything other then this build? So I don't know if anything is interfering how can I check
Also how can I disable a firewall??

gunit

Dabbler
This is what it looks like on edge it's all weird

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    297.1 KB · Views: 735

Ericloewe

Server Wrangler
This is what it looks like on edge it's all weird
Most browsers show that for a little bit before the properly-rendered version shows up.

You might want to try to reinstall FreeNAS from a verified image.

gunit

Dabbler
I've reinstalled this about 5 times already?
The nas box loads and looks ok even gives me the IP address
Even upgraded to the 9.10.1 version still same thing!
I've updated the mobo too from asus website to latest version which allowed me to partly connect to gui using ie
Is any of my hardware an issue? I've been doing this since Saturday and still getting nowhere?

Ericloewe

Server Wrangler

gunit

Dabbler
Ericloewe how do I check this?
Can this freenas still be loaded without actually using a SHA256?

gunit

Dabbler
Hi im still struggling with this
I have manually changed ip addresses and still the same thing?
Could my bt broadband be stopping me from connecting to or from the box?
how do I check my SHA256
Any help would be greatly appreciated

JoshDW19

Community Hall of Fame
Thanks for the question gunit. How to check your sha256 hash really depends on what operating system you are using. I'd recommend going to a search engine like google and typing "how to check SHA256 + Your OS". Your OS of course being the OS that you are currently using. There are tons of tutorials out there. Hope this helps!

gunit

Dabbler
Ok thanks for the advice to google
I've done this and find no issues relating to freenas actually loading on my system that has no os that gives me an ip address that doesn't work

SweetAndLow

Sweet'NASty
do you have any add-on's or plugins for your browser? Turn them all off or use privacy/incognito mode.

RedPull

Dabbler
I Am experienced the same problem here.
tried with 5 different inetbrowsers/devices here.

JoshDW19

Community Hall of Fame
I Am experienced the same problem here.
tried with 5 different inetbrowsers/devices here.
Hey RedPull. If you can't access the web GUI with any internet browsers the most likely cause is that something is blocking it. Can you tell us what steps you've tried to fix this issue so far?

RedPull

Dabbler
just found the problem. I did something wrong in my routers (virtual server/port forwarding)
my apologies

pirateghost

Unintelligible Geek
Port forwarding for accessing the web gui from your LAN? Please don't tell me you opened your web gui to the internet...

RedPull

Dabbler
relax, i'am just testing some things on an old machine. there's no vital data stored on it. :D

danb35

Hall of Famer
there's no vital data stored on it.
Good. I guess there's nothing important anywhere else on your network either? Because there's no reason that an attacker, once he pwns your FreeNAS box, would stop there.

gpsguy

https://forums.freenas.org/index.php?threads/web-gui-not-working.46220/

in CHROME browser it's not working !
in IE works perfect.

Please provide fix or improve new UI interface from FreeNAS 11 U3

The developers don't monitor this forum. If you want to bring it to their attention - post it on bugs..freenas.org and post the issue number here.

At the rate Chrome is updated, 4 releases in about a month's time, I am not surprised to hear that there are incompatibilities with it.