freenas-v1.db corrupted

Status
Not open for further replies.

Baru

Cadet
Hi,

FreeNAS was giving me an error today: "The boot volume state is ONLINE: One or more devices has experienced an error resulting in data corruption. Applications may be affected."
When I checked which files were affected (via zpool status -v) I got the following output:
Code:
  pool: freenas-boot
state: ONLINE
status: One or more devices has experienced an error resulting in data
	corruption.  Applications may be affected.
action: Restore the file in question if possible.  Otherwise restore the
	entire pool from backup.
   see: http://illumos.org/msg/ZFS-8000-8A
  scan: scrub repaired 8K in 0h5m with 2 errors on Mon Dec  5 03:50:33 2016
config:

NAME		STATE	 READ WRITE CKSUM
	freenas-boot  ONLINE	   0	 0	 0
	  da0p2	 ONLINE	   0	 0	 0

errors: Permanent errors have been detected in the following files:

freenas-boot/ROOT/9.10.1-U4@2015-06-19-19:51:26:/usr/local/share/locale/vi/LC_MESSAGES/grub.mo
		freenas-boot/ROOT/9.10.1-U4@2015-12-13-13:31:32:/data/freenas-v1.db

As I just updated to U4 and my last backup was from U2 (although file size has been same for weeks; I didn't change the configuration for quite some time) to be on the saved side I restored a backup from /var/db/system/configs-.../FreeNAS-9.10.1-U2/ to /data/freenas-v1.db and restarted into U2.
But the system still gives me the error that /data/freenas-v1.db is corrupted.

Everything seems to be working fine, so I am not sure what to do about the error above. (I already ordered two new USB-drives and plan to replace the existing one with the two new ones mirrored.)

Do you have any suggestions on what to do?

Thank you very much!

Last edited by a moderator:

joeschmuck

Old Man
Do you have a backup file created with the GUI? If so then I'd rebuild the boot drive and then restore the config file. If you don't have a GUI created backup file then you could try to create one and then rebuild the boot drive and restore the config file.

Baru

Cadet
Thank you very much for your help.
I used one of the automatic backups from /var/db/system/configs-.../FreeNAS-9.10.1-U2/ and restored it to a new boot drive, which worked fine.

Status
Not open for further replies.