Boot Volume Condition: ONLINE One or more devices has experienced an error resulting in data corrupt

Status
Not open for further replies.

ghostwolf59

Contributor
Hi,
Today my nas started to flag this error (Boot Volume Condition: ONLINE One or more devices has experienced an error resulting in data corruption. Applications may be affected)

zpool status freenas-boot -v
returns the following...
[root@freenas ~]# zpool status -v freenas-boot
pool: freenas-boot
state: ONLINE
status: One or more devices has experienced an error resulting in data
corruption. Applications may be affected.
action: Restore the file in question if possible. Otherwise restore the
entire pool from backup.
see: http://illumos.org/msg/ZFS-8000-8A
scan: scrub repaired 0 in 0h12m with 2 errors on Tue May 16 07:01:19 2017
config:

NAME STATE READ WRITE CKSUM
freenas-boot ONLINE 0 0 0
da0p2 ONLINE 0 0 0

errors: Permanent errors have been detected in the following files:

freenas-boot/ROOT/9.10.2-U3@2016-12-31-15:01:01:/data/pkgdb/freenas-db
freenas-boot/ROOT/9.10.2-U3@2016-05-07-10:30:53:/usr/local/lib/perl5/site_perl/Net/LDAP/Util.pm
[root@freenas ~]#

Not sure if "/data/pkgdb/freenas-db" is the config file or not so would be great if someone could confirm what this sqllite file is
I tried to restore the config from a backup, but the error still crops up (so guessing its not the freenas config)

Would also be interested to know if nas saves a backup of the two files flagged somewhere that I then could fall back on?

cheers

Jailer

Not strong, but bad
I'm betting you are using a USB boot drive. Reinstall to new media and upload a saved config file your USB drive is dying.

ghostwolf59

Contributor
I'm betting you are using a USB boot drive. Reinstall to new media and upload a saved config file your USB drive is dying.

... and your right in that I am using a usb thumb drive
Figured that might be the case - however Im still curious to what the /data/pkgdb/freenas-db is?

Status
Not open for further replies.