Freenas installer causing Kernel panic

nicholas2101

Cadet
Recently I acquired a different motherboard that offered my more Memory channels (the Acer ipimb-ar with BIOS version P01-A1)(i3-2120 with one (eventually two) stick of 4 Gb DDR3 1333MHz RAM and an Intel D33682 NIC installed) and I had to replace my OS drive (SSD) with a new one. When I insert the new SSD which has yet to be configured (freenas has not been installed on it yet), I am presented with the regular Installer Screen (see below)
IMG_3347.JPG
and I choose option 1 but after I do this I am presented with what I assume is a kernel panic message or it has something to do with the memory installed
IMG_3346.JPG
Does anyone know what this means or how I can fix it or even a workaround?

Thanks, Nick

Last edited:

nicholas2101

Cadet
I have tried using different RAM modules and still get the same results and letting it run overnight did not make any difference so really if anyone was able to provide any insight it would be much appreciated. Also forgot to mention but I'm trying to get FreeNAS-11.2-U3 running on here.

Thanks again, Nick

Redcoat

MVP
Cannot see the attachments.

Redcoat

MVP
When I insert the new OS drive which has yet to be configured,

WEhat does that sentence mean? Please explain "insert". Also "has yet to be configured"?

nicholas2101

Cadet
Cannot see the attachments.
Fixed the post and thumbnails. After some troubleshooting I was able to install FreeNAS onto my new SSD via my DVD drive but still for some reason cannot boot from it, like my motherboard recognizes a drive plugged into the SATA port but does not give me an option to boot from it if that makes sense.