FreeNAS installer goes into panic mode

Hello all,
I'm trying to get FreeNAS and/or TrueNAS Core installed on a new machine i've built for this, however both go into panic mode when the installer starts.

I'm repurposing an old gaming PC to be my new NAS.

I have made a screenshot of the error with the latest Free NAS image:
FreeNAS.jpg

The specs of the machine meet the minimum specs for the OS.

Specs:
AMD FX8320
ASUS 970 GAMING/AURA - Motherboard
8GB or ram - might add up to 32 if it works well enough
AMD R7 240 for video out
1. SSD HyperX 120GB for the OS
Drives would come later if i even manage to get this up and running.

I intially wanted to just get the TrueNAS Core beta installed but there i do get another panic, not sure if it's okay to add, i'll add it just to attachments as that is a beta and might have problems that are different.

I've tried to do the USB stick from Windows and Rufus and balena etcher, same result.
Tried 3 different USB sticks both usb 3.0 and 2.0 and also different ports, front panel back panel 2.0 and back panel 3.0 usb.

Any ideas what might be happening here?

Attachments

• TrueNAS.jpg
    TrueNAS.jpg
    359 KB · Views: 198

Yorick

Wizard
It has trouble reading the USB stick. Rufus is your best bet for creating bootable USB sticks from FreeNAS/TrueNAS ISO.

Try a different USB stick, maybe?

It has trouble reading the USB stick. Rufus is your best bet for creating bootable USB sticks from FreeNAS/TrueNAS ISO.

Try a different USB stick, maybe?
Tried 3 of them, one 16 gig same model as the one that failed and a sandisk 2.0 USB of 8Gb, all give this error, out. I have also tried to checksum the image just in case, but that is fine.

Give Etcher a try. Rufus didn't work for me.