Freenas boot problems

Status
Not open for further replies.

crisman

Explorer
Hi,

I'm new at Freenas and I've already installed 3 systems with this great product, but recently I had to re-install freenas but after the first boot some error occurred and freenas won't boot.
The error messages is:

GEOM: ada0: the primary GPT partiton table is corrupt or invalid.
GEOM: ada0: using the secondary instead -- recovery strongly advised.
Trying to mount root from ufs:/dev/ufs/FreeNASs1a
ROOT MOUNT ERROR:
If you have invalid mount points, reboot, and first try the following from the loader prompt:

set vfs.root.mountfrom.options=rw

and then remove invalid mount options from etc/fstab.

Loader variables:
vfs.root.mountfrom=ufs:/dev/ufs/FreeNASs1a
vfs.root.mountfrom.options.ro

Manual root filesystem specification:

mountroot>

I really don't know how to proceed to solve this problem but have already take the disk to another system, deleted all partitions, re-installed several times but error is always happening.

Could someone give me an hint to solve this.

Regards,
Cristiano.

snickasaurus

Dabbler
Go here and click on "CD IMAGE". Burn that to a disc and test out your drive. If the drive formatted in another machine without error then it SHOULD be fine but never hurts to give it a solid test. What OS did you use to format the drive? I use GParted when I need to format a disk. You could try it out here. Just download the "GParted Live CD/USB/HD/PXE Bootable Image " stable release and give it a go. Best of luck to you!

Snickasaurus

crisman

Explorer
Go here and click on "CD IMAGE". Burn that to a disc and test out your drive. If the drive formatted in another machine without error then it SHOULD be fine but never hurts to give it a solid test. What OS did you use to format the drive? I use GParted when I need to format a disk. You could try it out here. Just download the "GParted Live CD/USB/HD/PXE Bootable Image " stable release and give it a go. Best of luck to you!

Snickasaurus

Thank's Snickasaurus,

I had already solved the problem with a Partittion Tool (TerabyteUnlimited BootIt Bare Metal), I've wiped the all drive reinstalled Freenas and now is working fine.

Regards,
Cristiano.

Status
Not open for further replies.