FreeNAS 9.2.0-BETA now available!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Okey Grak

Cadet
I'm having issues getting networking to work with the new linux jail templates ( ubuntu / deb ). Anyone have success using linux jails in 9.2.0?

void

Cadet
Please, can anyone clarify concerning samba AIO options? Are they now always off or always on? Or maybe auto? And what's the reason for this change? I've searched a bit, but found only a few 3-month old bugs - samba crashes when AIO is on...

Yatti420

Wizard
I'm having issues getting networking to work with the new linux jail templates ( ubuntu / deb ). Anyone have success using linux jails in 9.2.0?

I didn't want to admit it but I am also having issues with the network stack via ubuntu.. Not sure if it's because I have or haven't changed something yet.. If you manage to get it working let me know..

@Void SMB AIO was removed according to the OP.. I believe it was pulled bugs as of 9.1.1 aswell..

J

jpaetzel

I disagree. The thread is about 9.2.0-BETA.

You are subscribed to the small percentage of my thoughts that make it through the keyboard. :)

What I really meant to say is:

The syslog dataset keeping ftp from starting bug ( ticket 3218) is fixed, but it took a bit more than the original one line fix. It's still possible to patch a 9.1.1 or 9.2.0-BETA system, however the instructions I posted to ticket 3218 won't do it. Additionally, because ix-syslogd has moved, fixing the problem is different on 9.1.1 versus 9.2.0-BETA I'll attach a shell script to the ticket to patch running systems.

J

jpaetzel

Is it stable enough to upgrade my home 9.1.1?

A bunch of us developers have been running 9.2.0 at home for a few weeks. It's pretty solid. It doesn't have several months of a large community banging on it, so there may be some unknown issues lurking.

Yatti420

Wizard
I would say wait until future beta or RC before upgrading.. The WebGUI - Reporting tab feature with high system loads/cpu concerns me.. Is there a patch for this? I need to do a clean setup soon to allow me to take a better look..

benamira

Explorer
i'm just building a new home NAS.
ASUS Z-87 PLUS
32 GB RAM
8 x 4 TB WD RED (RAIDZ2 according to cyberjock recommendations, i know it is the not best best practice in terms of number of drives but i hope it has not a big penalty performance. (it should be 4, 6 or 10 drives).

Purpose of this NAS is media repository, just one or 2 clients accessing for big media files.

I guess i have to go to 9.2.0 beta because of the NIC intel i217v support.
Also not use USB3 ports for boot. so i have to boot from the USB 2.0.
Would you recommend anything else to take into account?

Should i wait to 9.2.0 final release before going into production...
Thanks in advance,

cyberjock

Inactive Account
I would definitely wait until the RELEASE version before going into production.

If you take a look at the forums we highly recommend ECC RAM for ZFS reliability. Your motherboard doesn't support ECC. If you wish to discuss this further please create a new thread so we don't go off-topic.

Thanks.

noprobs

Explorer
.. The WebGUI - Reporting tab feature with high system loads/cpu concerns me.. Is there a patch for this? I need to do a clean setup soon to allow me to take a better look..

I am seeing the same, checked and logged as #3478 with status of fixed for RC.

I don't know if this is the correct place to post this?

I had Plex/Web working on 9.1.1 after upgrade to 9.2.0 Beta, it doesn't work anymore.
I got a login prompt and is unable to login to my plex management console.
Has anyone seen this issue ?
Plugin version of PlexMediaServer is 0.9.8.10.215-AMD64

This is the first page I get to nomatter what I do, reinstall, storage, restart, removal and reinstall, replace /web with /manage in the location bar.
It only flash the management interface a brief second and then gives me the login screen.
I have checked Preferences.xml and tried adding disableRemoteSecurity="1" without any luck.

EDIT: I also had to reconfigure transmission, and every plugin I had after upgrading them as well.

EDIT: When using myplex online login, it give me a message telling me the server is unavailable and that I have to check permissions.

Attachments

• plex-login.jpg
    plex-login.jpg
    62.8 KB · Views: 335
  • plex-login-fail.jpg
    plex-login-fail.jpg
    34 KB · Views: 325

garfunkel

Dabbler
Thanks for the beta guys, I have two issues:

I had couchpotato and sickbeard PBIs installed on 9.11 and they worked fine. When trying to update the plugins using the updater in 9.2 BETA I get an error (same error for both, this one is for sickbeard).

Request Method:pOST
Request URL:https://192.168.1.116/plugins/plugin/update/6/
Software Version:FreeNAS-9.2.0-BETA-dd97236-x64
Exception Type:AttributeError
Exception Value:
'NoneType' object has no attribute 'plugin_pbiname'
Exception Location:/usr/local/www/freenasUI/../freenasUI/middleware/notifier.py in update_pbi, line 2779
Server time:Tue, 26 Nov 2013 19:27:37 +1100
Traceback

Request information

GET

No GET data
VariableValue
__form_idu'form_str'
FILES

No FILES data
COOKIES

VariableValue
csrftoken's6iCzO63HcPxwNGwASq1aktW0ucRt50z'
sessionid'ecc1rvqpmo81whd1nq01l3838d2p6c9v'
fntreeSaveStateCookie'root%2Croot%2F202%2Croot%2F194'
META

VariableValue
wsgi.multiprocessFalse
HTTP_REFERER'https://192.168.1.116/'
REDIRECT_STATUS'200'
SERVER_SOFTWARE'nginx/1.4.3'
SCRIPT_NAMEu''
HTTP_X_CSRFTOKEN's6iCzO63HcPxwNGwASq1aktW0ucRt50z'
REQUEST_METHOD'POST'
PATH_INFOu'/plugins/plugin/update/6/'
HTTP_ORIGIN'https://192.168.1.116'
SERVER_PROTOCOL'HTTP/1.1'
QUERY_STRING''
CONTENT_LENGTH'18'
HTTP_USER_AGENT'Mozilla/5.0 (X11; Linux x86_64) AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko) Chrome/32.0.1671.3 Safari/537.36'
HTTP_CONNECTION'keep-alive'
HTTP_COOKIE'sessionid=ecc1rvqpmo81whd1nq01l3838d2p6c9v; csrftoken=s6iCzO63HcPxwNGwASq1aktW0ucRt50z; fntreeSaveStateCookie=root%2Croot%2F202%2Croot%2F194'
SERVER_NAME'localhost'
REMOTE_PORT'52358'
wsgi.url_scheme'https'
SERVER_PORT'443'
SERVER_ADDR'192.168.1.116'
DOCUMENT_ROOT'/usr/local/etc/nginx/html'
HTTP_CONTENT_LENGTH'18'
HTTP_X_REQUESTED_WITH'XMLHttpRequest'
DOCUMENT_URI'/plugins/plugin/update/6/'
wsgi.input<flup.server.fcgi_base.InputStream object at 0x80e82d050>
HTTP_HOST'192.168.1.116'
HTTPS'on'
wsgi.multithreadTrue
HTTP_CONTENT_TYPE'application/x-www-form-urlencoded'
REQUEST_URI'/plugins/plugin/update/6/'
HTTP_ACCEPT'*/*'
wsgi.version(1, 0)
GATEWAY_INTERFACE'CGI/1.1'
wsgi.run_onceFalse
wsgi.errors<flup.server.fcgi_base.TeeOutputStream object at 0x815d7a650>
REMOTE_ADDR'192.168.1.10'
HTTP_ACCEPT_LANGUAGE'en-AU,en;q=0.8,en-GB;q=0.6'
CONTENT_TYPE'application/x-www-form-urlencoded'
CSRF_COOKIEu's6iCzO63HcPxwNGwASq1aktW0ucRt50z'
HTTP_ACCEPT_ENCODING'gzip,deflate,sdch'

A second issue is that although Plex managed to update successfully (though it took a long time). It seemed to have wiped out my settings and libraries. I had to log into the program again and set up my libraries and settings again after the update was applied.

I'm wondering, could both these issues be because the update mechanism is only supposed to work on versions of plugins installed originally on 9.2 BETA or above?

EDIT: When updating transmission, it also wiped out my settings for that too.

amires

Explorer
I am unable to get network connectivity in a centos jail. Inside the jail when I issue the command ifconfig I can see that no ip address has been assigned to eth0 and when I try to add a static ip address manually using 'ip a a' command I get this error message :

"Cannot open netlink socket: Address family not supported by protocol".

Also in jail's /etc/sysconfig/network-scripts/ifcfg-eth0, DHCP is set, shouldnt ip assigned to jail be here instead of dhcp? I tried manually adding the required lines here however the issue is still present.

Are there any additional steps required to enable networking in centos jail? I played around with VIMAGE and VANILLA checkboxes however it did not make any difference.

UPDATE 1 : I believe this is a bug and not a mistake that I made hence I created ticket #3518 :
https://bugs.freenas.org/issues/3518

UPDATE 2 : Ok it seems this cant be fixed and centos jail will be remove from 9.2.0. Too bad, a centos jail would have been useful to me.

Status
Not open for further replies.