9.2.1.4-BETA is now available

Status
Not open for further replies.
J

jkh

This point release for 9.2.1 fixes performance issues with ZFS replication, SMB spins / hangs under certain circumstances, and a variety of smaller issues.

All bugs fixed in 9.2.1.4-BETA can be found here.

This is a very small point release - very few changes have been made as we are endeavoring to continue refining 9.2.1.x until no significant bugs are left and we can focus exclusively on 9.2.2, which will have far more substantial changes (see this link for some notion of what is planned for 9.2.2).

We're releasing a BETA first to make sure there are no lingering issues we've missed, otherwise it will be substantially the same as 9.2.1.4-RELEASE (which we'll release in another 14 days or so).

Thank you, as always, for your testing!

- The FreeNAS Development Team

Sir.Robin

Guru
Schweet... but the directories are empty :)

Yatti420

Wizard
The download isn't available currently?..

mka

Contributor
Doesn't disabling libinotify affect other applications? I'm fairly new to FreeBSD but what about applications depending on inotify events? Or has only libinotify support for samba been disabled?

warri

Guru
Judging from the commit, it's just disabled for samba. In the samba config, kernel change notify is set to no now (see also the official docs for samba.conf).

Sir.Robin

Guru
Gotta give it a go :)

Sir.Robin

Guru
Have to test a bit more since tonights replication were short. Seems though as my replication speed over wan wen't down from 6.5Mbps to 4.5Mbps (9.2.1.3 vs 9.2.1.4-beta)

Is there any variabels that can be changed for better speed over low bandwidth links? I only have 10Mbps upspeed.

panz

Guru
I didn't upgrade to latest beta: I only replaced the autorepl.py. Before my iostat was 3.5 MB; now it's 200 MB ;)

ThreeDee

Guru
everything is running so good .. I'll wait until the "release" version before upgrading just for the sake of having the "latest and greatest" .. :)

I only replaced the autorepl.py. Before my iostat was 3.5 MB; now it's 200 MB ;)

..please excuse my noobness .. but is that a good thing or a bad thing?o_O

wox

Cadet
Running the beta since announcement, with no problems so far.
Replicated 150gb yesterday via localhost, at normal speeds.

panz

Guru
..please excuse my noobness .. but is that a good thing or a bad thing?o_O

Replication speed was the only thing that was functioning below my expectations. With Xeon 1230 V2 + X9SCM + 32GB of RAM you can't get 3.5MB and sleep well ;)

Then I replaced the "autorepl.py" getting it directly from GitHub.

Simon00

Dabbler
Was 9.2.1.4-RELEASE released earlier today? Wonder if all the CIFS issues are fixed?

warri

Guru
As long as there is no official announcement, there is no release yet. A preliminary build found just on the download server often gets replaced or re-rolled. Also I can see two remaining open issues for 9.2.1.4-RELEASE in the bug tracker.

Status
Not open for further replies.