FreeNAS-11.1-U3

Status
Not open for further replies.

FlangeMonkey

Contributor
I also updated to U4 this morning and it has resolved the issues. I also checked the smb.conf file and they removed the line and running pdbedit -L shows all users.

Upgraded to U4 and access is allow but having a weird SID problem... My USER accounts show: Account Unknown with the full SID... Tried to reapply the password, restart SMB / server... Also tried to reapply permissions from FreeNAS GUI to overwrite but still show "Account Unknown" :S I can even add the "same" user that was previously allowed manually and it will show correctly together with Account Unknown... It seems something is phantom in my SMB setup now. Now thinking I will need to rebuild the Server. Reverting to a previous version does not fix... :S

hervon

Patron
U4 fixed the samba shares for me too. Thanks!

Grewterd

Dabbler
Updating to U4 is what caused the problem for me. Going back to U3 solved it. Now what?

After reverting to U3, I deleted the U4 environment, re-installed, worked on my laptop. After work, checked my desktop, still no go. Turned the machine off and on again, working.

Last edited:

Ericloewe

Server Wrangler
People unhappy with -U4: We need more details of your setup.

KagatoSR

Cadet
Just tried updating again from 11.1-RELEASE to 11.1-U4 and it broke credential login for SMB shares. AFP shares are unaffected.

I just tried rolling back to 11.1-RELEASE and problem persists. I tried adding the recommended aux parameter and restarting SMB service but it still doesn't work.

FWIW, I initially upgraded to U3 and then, after trying several of the solutions (including AUX Parameter) with no result, waited for U4 to correct the issue. After updating to U4 the problem appeared to persist until I cleared my mapped drive/credentials by typing net use /delete * at the command prompt. After that it's been smooth sailing. This was the case on all 3 of my 'client' PCs.

Last edited:

Pihrra

Cadet
Edit: Never mind it worked once I restarted my computer.

Last edited:

Touche

Explorer
What about those who fresh installed U3 and have everything working? Will the update to U4 brake shares?

Ericloewe

Server Wrangler
Yes, but I imagine that uploading your config file in -U4 should fix it.

DAXQ

Contributor
I upgraded to U3 and it broke my smb users with passwords, just re-entering their passwords seemed to resolve the issues. Then U4 came out so I thought I would give it a whirl on my demo box. After running the upgrade and rebooting - I get this:

Update: FreeNAS-11.1-U4 has already been applied. Please reboot the system to activate this update. So I reboot and nothing.

On the Boot tab, I show 11.1-U in the list and it is flagged as On Reboot - but 11.1-U3 always comes up as Now.

It just keeps doing the same thing. Any suggestions to get it to clear and actually activate the 11.1-U4?

gurtonBuster

Dabbler
I upgraded to U3 and it broke my smb users with passwords, just re-entering their passwords seemed to resolve the issues. Then U4 came out so I thought I would give it a whirl on my demo box. After running the upgrade and rebooting - I get this:

Update: FreeNAS-11.1-U4 has already been applied. Please reboot the system to activate this update. So I reboot and nothing.

On the Boot tab, I show 11.1-U in the list and it is flagged as On Reboot - but 11.1-U3 always comes up as Now.

It just keeps doing the same thing. Any suggestions to get it to clear and actually activate the 11.1-U4?

check out this thread https://forums.freenas.org/index.php?threads/11-1-u2-update-now-freenas-wont-boot.61962/

Tarakesh

Cadet
Upgraded to U4 and access is allow but having a weird SID problem... My USER accounts show: Account Unknown with the full SID... Tried to reapply the password, restart SMB / server... Also tried to reapply permissions from FreeNAS GUI to overwrite but still show "Account Unknown" :S I can even add the "same" user that was previously allowed manually and it will show correctly together with Account Unknown... It seems something is phantom in my SMB setup now. Now thinking I will need to rebuild the Server. Reverting to a previous version does not fix... :S
Can confirm same happens to my box after updating to U4.
Users are only shown as SID when checking from windows but ACL on ZFS is correct. (i'm using regular unix type permissions. not extended acl)
Strange extra thing: i can create and delete a folder on a share without problems. but i get access denied when i try to copy files into the folder.
also had to apply 776 permissions to the share to even get write permissions.
So the owner on the disks is set correctly but somehow samba thinks i'm accessing the share as guest

Last edited:

Ericloewe

Server Wrangler

Tarakesh

Cadet
Can confirm same happens to my box after updating to U4.
Users are only shown as SID when checking from windows but ACL on ZFS is correct. (i'm using regular unix type permissions. not extended acl)
That is an invalid configuration.
Invalid or not. It was working fine before updating to U3.
As FreeNAS does not allow SMB and FTP access to the same folder without breaking stuff i am forced to set it up this way.
Anway. Seems that Update not just wiped the complete SMB userdatabase it also changed the SIDs of the users.
Entry in the Samba User Database
Code:
root@freenas:~ # pdbedit -L -v
---------------
Unix username:		fg
NT username:
Account Flags:		[U		  ]
User SID:			 S-1-5-21-2549303200-2077634738-3761187855-3002

Share Permissions
Code:
root@freenas:~ # smbcacls //192.168.130.250/testing$ / -U fg
WARNING: The "null passwords" option is deprecated
Enter TUX-NET\fg's password:
REVISION:1
CONTROL:SR|DP
OWNER:S-1-5-21-1118767056-1799528671-2345206101-1000
GROUP:Unix Group\wheel
ACL:S-1-5-21-1118767056-1799528671-2345206101-1000:ALLOWED/OI|CI/FULL
ACL:Unix Group\wheel:ALLOWED/OI|CI/FULL
ACL:Everyone:ALLOWED/OI|CI/READ

as you can see there was defnitly a change in the user SID.
The system user id is 1001

PS: Switching to extended ACLs does not fix it either. so that is clearly NOT the cause

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.