FreeNAS-11.1-U3

Status
Not open for further replies.

FuriousPy

Dabbler
Back to U2 and change password did not work to me...
I went to Services -> SMB -> edit and bind the server to the IP of the NIC, then I got access again

Attachments

• Capture.JPG
    Capture.JPG
    83.2 KB · Views: 413
Back to U2 and change password did not work to me...
I went to Services -> SMB -> edit and bind the server to the IP of the NIC, then I got access again

Interesting... I have this setting already in my SMB service. Seems to be running ok after I reset the user passwords. I hope there is no more gotcha's...

InQuize

Explorer
Updated and got this problem too. In my case it was even worse. My Win10 LTSB Explorer totally hangs whenever I attempt to interact with my CIFS shares. I tried disconnecting all mounts, still hangs even when I try to right click the share. I also tried deleting all credentials in windows control panel to no avail.

I was able to remount my shares only explicitly telling explorer to "Connect using different credentials" from the Map network drive menu. (Not the first time though, I guess it's win's misbehavior, and I should have done it this way from the start)

Debian based client works as described:

MYRWMq5.jpg

Here I login with two accounts. First one is untouched and second was updated.

Hope there are no more surprises in this updates.

P.S. thx for finally fixing log spam, it was driving me nuts.

Last edited:

gurtonBuster

Dabbler
Can I just reapply the saved config from before the update to the updated install? Or will that not work.

Updated and got this problem too. In my case it was even worse. My Win10 LTSB Explorer totally hangs whenever I attempt to interact with my CIFS shares. I tried disconnecting all mounts, still hangs even when I try to right click the share. I also tried deleting all credentials in windows control panel to no avail.

I was able to remount my shares only explicitly telling explorer to "Connect using different credentials" from the Map network drive menu. (Not the first time though, I guess it's win's misbehavior, and I should have done it this way from the start)

Debian based client works as described:

MYRWMq5.jpg

Here I login with two account. First one is untouched and second was updated.

Hope there are no more surprises in this updates.

P.S. thx for finally fixing log spam, it was driving me nuts.

Did you try to set again the Password for the shares assigned User? I did this from inside the FreeNAS webgui and it opened back up for me. I used the exact same password as before. I didn't have to reassign permissions...

Ericloewe

Server Wrangler
Can I just reapply the saved config from before the update to the updated install? Or will that not work.
Interesting idea. Try it out and tell us how it goes.

Ericloewe

Server Wrangler
Has anyone actually filed a bug report for this yet?

ajschot

Patron
Made the mistake to update to U3 too... please is it possible to get it out of the update train??
I am back on 11.1 release

Ericloewe

Server Wrangler

nojohnny101

Wizard
Me too. Password was being rejected for shares (SMB). I manually reentered it in FreeNAS GUI and it allowed me to login but then I had permissions problems on one of not shares. Obviously nothing had changed except upgrading to 11.1-U3. Checking permissions shows that the user I logged in as was the owner of the dataset but it says “permission denied” (Mac OS X).

Reverted back to 11.1-U2. Everything back to the way it was. Would love to hear how the wiping of the SMB passsword database gets missed during testing. This release should be pulled from the stable train.

KrisBee

Wizard
Would love to hear how the wiping of the SMB passsword database gets missed during testing. This release should be pulled from the stable train.

+++++1

InQuize

Explorer
Did you try to set again the Password for the shares assigned User? I did this from inside the FreeNAS webgui and it opened back up for me. I used the exact same password as before. I didn't have to reassign permissions...

I did the same:

Here I login with two accounts. First one is untouched and second was updated.
screenshot shows that untouched account is not permitted and another one that I updated with the same password as before logs in just fine

D

dlavigne

Can someone experiencing the issue confirm whether or not this workaround resolves it:

Restart Services -> SMB.

(Also let us know if restarting the client is also required).

InQuize

Explorer
If the issue has to do with the new hashing algorithm as was mentioned earlier, I wonder if it is even possible to convert existing hashes of passwords? The whole purpose of hash in such a case is that you should not be able decrypt it. How the hell one does a conversion then?

InQuize

Explorer
It looks like I may have lost my reply. Try the following:
rm /var/db/samba4/.usersimported
service ix-pre-samba restart
service samba_server restart
Nope. Still "Permission denied". File was empty btw

An alternative test fix, add the following auxiliary parameter to Services->SMB private dir = /var/db/samba4/private
That worked. Can you please explain?

UPD. Ups. It did not work. It just broke permissions. Now I'm able to log in where I should not.

Last edited:

anodos

Sambassador
iXsystems
Nope. Still "Permission denied". File was empty btw

That is a sentinel file that's used to determine whether the users stored in the FreeNAS config have been imported into Samba's passdb.tdb file. It will always be empty.

That worked. Can you please explain?
UPD. Ups. It did not work. It just broke permissions. Now I'm able to log in where I should not.

This may be caused by some of the troubleshooting steps taken up to this point. Generate a debug file and send it to me by private message.

Can someone experiencing the issue confirm whether or not this workaround resolves it:

Restart Services -> SMB.

(Also let us know if restarting the client is also required).

First thing I tried after upgrading to U3 and denied access to the share > Restart SMB -- No change... Then rebooted Server -- No Change. The only thing that seems to work for me is setting a password for my user accounts. It seemed to clear up the access denied. However, I reverted back to U2 and had a similar problem. I went through my user accounts and set the password again (same password as before)(Using the FreeNAS Gui) Also, my main setting for permissions in the GUI for Owner / Group Owner were also denied access. I was not able to view any security information coming from the SMB side to see what's-what...

I hope this helps...

Status
Not open for further replies.