SOLVED Is upgrade 11.0 to 11.1 advisable?

Status
Not open for further replies.

VladTepes

Patron

sretalla

Powered by Neutrality
I have never seen these reboots myself and have been on 11.1 with each of the updates installed on more than one server.

U5 is best.

ZodiacUHD

Patron
My machine is complitely going crazy after u5. Random reboots at every iocage jail start. I had to roll back to 11.0 u4

pschatz100

Guru
I'm currently running FreeNAS 11.0-U3

Given the unauthorised reboot problems discussed in this thread:
https://forums.freenas.org/index.php?threads/unauthorized-reboot-11-1-release.60260/

Would I be best to stick with 11.0 or should I (i.e. can I safely) upgrade to 11.1?

If upgrade is OK - what version should I choose (assuming that a choice can be made?) U3 U4 or U5 ?

Thanks
I don't upgrade unless there is something I need or want in the new version. FreeNAS is not like Windows where you need to constantly update to the latest and greatest.

I am currently on 11.1-u4, and I have no issues with it. I upgraded to that version because it included iocage release 1.0alpha and I like iocage. I'm not planning to update to u5.

VladTepes

Patron
well as I don't know what an iocage is, I probably don't need it :)
My main interest is around the webgui. If there have been significant changes to this I'd upgrade. Have there?

diskdiddler

Wizard
11.1 U5 is very solid, I think it would be wise.
That being said, considering the larger changes to 11.2 I would strongly recommend you hold off until at least a month AFTER it comes out as a final. It's doing some different stuff in the backend. If you really want to be cautious, it can't help.

VladTepes

Patron
Marked as solved. Upgraded to 11.1 U5 and it's as diskdiddler describes. Thanks all.

Status
Not open for further replies.