Register for the iXsystems Community to get an ad-free experience

Faster Searching from Mac Spotlight or Finder of Freenas Files

kapitainsky

Dabbler
'll take care of that tomorrow as I still need to regenerate the debug logs and had a busy day.

Of course. Sure. Please try not to make it private so we can all provide feedback.

For me for example it is the last thing I need to go TrueNAS way - I like it a lot and I am happy with tinkering but can't understand why such basic functionality is missing - or even worse totally broken. Well - sort of understand that they focus on enterprise and SMB shares search is rather SOHO NAS story. I have tried Synology at friends and it works great - Spotlight angle. I am not religious about any solution - just need what works the best for my needs. Also frankly could not recommend TrueNAS to anybody for home use without this working. But first I will try to make it work:)

phradr

Dabbler
Finally I opened a ticket at iXsystems. Sadly it is not possible to set this available for public. It is set to private per default and at least external reporters (like me) aren't allowed to change this.

Anyways, if they decide to change the visibility, you will find the ticket here (LINK).

For now it seems all we can do is lean back and wait.

Have a nice weekend :)

Attachments

• Jira-ES-SMB-issue.jpg
    Jira-ES-SMB-issue.jpg
    217.4 KB · Views: 55

danb35

Hall of Famer
Please try not to make it private so we can all provide feedback.
All tickets are made private by default; this is said to be so that iX can screen them for private information. I don't know if a statement in the text, or a comment, of a ticket would help them more quickly decide that it can be made public.

phradr

Dabbler
All tickets are made private by default; this is said to be so that iX can screen them for private information. I don't know if a statement in the text, or a comment, of a ticket would help them more quickly decide that it can be made public.
So, I wrote a comment to my ticket and asked for setting its visibility to public.

kapitainsky

Dabbler
@phradr curious if you managed to try elasticsearch with TN Scale? I think that because it is based on Debian it should work as Samba on Debian does not need any patches.

phradr

Dabbler
@phradr curious if you managed to try elasticsearch with TN Scale? I think that because it is based on Debian it should work as Samba on Debian does not need any patches.
Not yet. Have some other additional and for me a bit more important construction areas.