Emby server time is forced UTC instead of the timezone of the jail

Status
Not open for further replies.

RobertT

Explorer
So I had an issue with emby doing things at times that I didnt expect. For instance I have it setup to do a server restart at 3am. Because the server thought it was set to UTC time but in actuality wasnt the restart would happen at 9pm my time.

Anyway I found where it was being forced to UTC so I thought I would share in order to help others out.
The code to start emby checks to see if there is a TZ variable set and if it doesnt see one it forces it to UTC. I wasnt sure where to set the variable before the startup script but it was easy to simply remove the TZ setting in the startup script. Here is a one liner that will remove the lines and create a backup of the file.

Code:
# perl -n -i.`date +%s` -e "print unless /TZ/" /usr/pbi/emby-amd64/etc/rc.d/emby-server
#

Joshua Parker Ruehlig

Hall of Famer
I'm not sure why the emby package maintainer added that to the file but there might be an important reason. your changes will be overwritten anyone the emby plugin/package is updated.

if you feel this line needs to be changed/removed from the emby port (and subsequently package and plugin) please submit a bug at bugs.freebsd.org so you can discuss with the emby package maintainer.

RobertT

Explorer

Joshua Parker Ruehlig

Hall of Famer
I won't, since I don't care enough ( bug doesn't affect me). an account is free.

just realize if this doesn't get fixed you'll have to change this anytime you update emby

Status
Not open for further replies.