Mount a Dataset from another server in the app Emby

SecureMyBits

Cadet
I have two servers running TrueNAS SCALE 12.02.4.

NAS-1 is the main storage server for various types of files, includes my Movies.
NAS-2 is the second storage server and currently holds my TV Shows.

I have setup the App Emby on NAS-1 and successfully passed through the Dataset "Media". I'm able to see the the Movies inside Emby and stream them to the TV with no issue.

I'm struggling however to pass the storage from NAS-2 to the Emby App on NAS-1. Is this possible?
I thought it would be as simple as setting up a SMB share on NAS-2 and passing this through to the Emby App on NAS-1, but it seems Apps are unable to access network storage, or I'm going about this all wrong.

Is there an alternative way to achieve this?

I have all the SMB shares setup and I'm able to access them with my Laptop, so can confirm the shares are working.

SecureMyBits

Cadet
Does anyone know if it's possible to mount a share from a second TrueNAS, so that it can be used in an App on the first?

BadBoyTazz

Cadet
I'm no expert in TrueNAS or Linux but i stumbles app-on Symbolic links to SMB's while searching for something i want to do.

Maybe look into that? Create a Symbolic link to the SMB share "/Nas2Media" then give your Emby App access to said folder?

I might be totally off the mark i just had a quick read through, as i said i'm actually looking for a solution to a different "folder access".