FreeNAS trying to setup emby plug in to work

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bizquick

Explorer
I'm really new to this freenas I'm running stable 9.10 I've found a few documents telling me how to setup a freenas and emby media server.
But just about all of them fail to ad making it work.
I some how figured out how to setup the windows file share and got that working. and I can access the share from my computer and my Blueray player.
So i know that part is working. (my bluery can access CIFS shares. so I'm guessing its accessing it that way.
Anyway back to my issue.
I got emby plugin installed and running. I configured a jail to what I have seen many other doucments point to doing. and I still can not see the folders from emby.
I put in the folder location in emby and it says it cant see it.

Now in emby I put in the SMB share path correct?
or do I put the Jail path?
also do I need to create user accounts and passwords.
I wonder if I'm wasting my time on testing this. All I really wanted to do. was to create a NAS that I could hook up to the TV and play the video files. but I'm not even sure I can do that with this.

chrisada

Explorer
I think your situation is that the emby user within the emby jail does not have the correct permission to access the media files. (The jail storage makes the folder mapping available to the jail, but does not grant the permission)

You will need to create user/group in emby jail with the same uid/gid to those user/group in the main FreeNAS OS that has the permission. Then, still inside the jail, add the emby user to that group.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.